NAD: British edition

78pbass

• Members

So, I rarely get to post one of these and I'm so excited to get to! I traded my never-used Blues JR NOS for this badboy. I joined my old friends punk/HC band as a guitard. My SS Peavey wasnt gonna cut it and I wanted something different than Mesa/Marshall, notwithstanding that I had no budget whatsoever.

I am really enjoying working this amp out for its many tones. Two of which are 80s mega metal (Metallica Justice-era) and Geezer Butler's Black Sabbath/Paranoid album tones. It NAILS that killer fat tubey sound that Geezer laid to tape, when played at low volumes.

Without any more words...

Laney%20Badge%20HC.jpg

DSC05134.JPG

Laney%20Back%202%20HC.jpg

• Members

hey Ian, the PO said they need replacing, but I'm not sure. The only odd behaviors it exhibits is that when it goes on standby, it gets crackly as it shuts down and when you power down (I standby for 2-4 mins at least before shutdown) it gets louder just before its off (caps dissipating energy?)the Pre's are brand new JJ's for V1-3, TungSol for the PI.

How do you know when the power tubes need replacing? Also, how do you know to recap?

Archived