Anyone identify these strings?

Mr.Mow

• Members

They look like nylon groundwounds to me.
:idk:

You can have 'em.
:p

That thing wants rounds bad.
;)

I'm a bit scared to put rounds on it though.. seeing its a maple board with just a thiiiiin poly finish on it.. surely it would rip through it pretty quickly?

• Members

I'm a bit scared to put rounds on it though.. seeing its a maple board with just a thiiiiin poly finish on it.. surely it would rip through it pretty quickly?

It might. Maple is harder than rosewood, though, and I use rounds on an unfinished rosewood board. Whatever you do to it through playing ultimately be undone. Hell, you could put a diamondcoat on it if the poly wears.

• Members

I'm not much of a fan of tapes because the tape slips and slides a little , usually , on me
:mad:
That bass should have either Fender flats or Thomastik
:lol::p

Thomastik are bloody expensive here!!! (hard to find too..) Its going to go in for a set up in the enxt month or so (want to fit a badass first).. I do have a set of Fender flats floating around, I tried them, but only gaev it a half arsed set up.. maybe they deserve another chance!

• Members

Thomastik are bloody expensive here!!! (hard to find too..) Its going to go in for a set up in the enxt month or so (want to fit a badass first).. I do have a set of Fender flats floating around, I tried them, but only gaev it a half arsed set up.. maybe they deserve another chance!

they are here too , I'd like to add the real reason I don't like tapes is because of the sound , they mask the highs too much for me , I use rounds on my fretless , I don't care about wear . But on that bass it will indeed chew through the poly , still I'd do it . If you like those and lots of folks do then they will be the best for that finish for sure . I think I have flats on one p bass here a fretted one for that old school sound .

• Members

they are here too , I'd like to add the real reason I don't like tapes is because of the sound , they mask the highs too much for me , I use rounds on my fretless , I don't care about wear . But on that bass it will indeed chew through the poly , still I'd do it . If you like those and lots of folks do then they will be the best for that finish for sure . I think I have flats on one p bass here a fretted one for that old school sound .

:lol: I tried flats on my fretted Pbass and hated them.. but like them on the fretless! I'm all arse backwards!

• Members

You bought it to play it, do what you enjoy. You're not going to kill a fretboard with rounds in a week and have to throw your bass away. Live a little, eh? ;)

• Members

You bought it to play it, do what you enjoy. You're not going to kill a fretboard with rounds in a week and have to throw your bass away. Live a little, eh?
;)

Ah, with my 'fretless' technique right now.. I would probably kill it in 2 days!

Fretless sure shows up any flaws in technique :facepalm:

Archived