My Band is breaking up.

venturawest

• Members

AAAAAARgh.

Of all the things. I just joined a few months ago, shortly after moving here. I feel somewhat responsible, mostly because my schedule with work has been *insanely* busy for the first few months I was in this band. I missed our last two gigs because of a congressional hearing in DC that I needed to attend and then because of strep freaking throat - thankfully, the previous bass player (AD, he posts here occasionally under my moniker) was happy to fill in at the last minute.

Today, I received an email from our guitar player. I won't paste it all here, but the gist of it is: he plays with another band, and wants to give it top priority, because our schedules keep us from gigging the way he wants. No hard feelings, etc, but basically he wants to give priority to the other band.

I suppose it's fine. In fact, I didn't really want to gig more than 2-3 times per month, and after a string of emails today with the drummer and guitarist, it sounds like we're still going to try to book 1-2 shows a month together, but nevertheless - it feels like breaking up. I'm upset, because I really like this band and I like playing with these guys a lot, and it fits my lifestyle - no delusions of grandeur, no trying to gig 4 nights a week, only weekends, they have families, and so forth. I don't think I'd be able to find another band that fits my situation this well.

I made the mistake of looking at current band listings on craigslist. I've got to find a way to keep this band playing together somehow. :cry:

• Members

Of all the things. I just joined a few months ago, shortly after moving here. I feel somewhat responsible, mostly because my schedule with work has been *insanely* busy for the first few months I was in this band. I missed our last two gigs because of a congressional hearing in DC that I needed to attend and then because of strep freaking throat - thankfully, the previous bass player (AD, he posts here occasionally under my moniker) was happy to fill in at the last minute.

Today, I received an email from our guitar player. I won't paste it all here, but the gist of it is: he plays with another band, and wants to give it top priority, because our schedules keep us from gigging the way he wants. No hard feelings, etc, but basically he wants to give priority to the other band.

Dang, that sounds like I wrote it myself! The work thing is a killer, and I have yet to crack that problem. Hope you have more success than me keeping a band going with a busy, ever changing schedule.

• Members

Naw bro, you can find another guitard to fit in easily.

Honestly let me ask my guys if they know of anyone. A decent/good drummer who isn't a dick is the toughest thing to find. If you two get along, just put YOUR own "Wanted!" post out there.

You may have to wade through a few of them, but from having found a good band THAT fit me perfectly took a whole 2 contacts and one audition. :)

There's tons of people down here/there you guys could pick from.

Archived