What do you think of this bass?

KASH

• Members

Not my cup of tea at all, really. I'd advise against buying new in that price-range too. You'll get so much more for your money if you go used.

For the asking price of that thing, what would you buy used instead for the same price? Seems to me that anything used of better quality is going to still cost a bit more than that...

• Members

For the asking price of that thing, what would you buy used instead for the same price? Seems to me that anything used of better quality is going to still cost a bit more than that...

ANY sturdy problem-free Ibanez SR-300 series.

{censored}... I'll sell ya one! SR-305 natural finish, rosewood fretboard 24 frets double P soapbars, active EQ, nice and stable and comfy to play.

• Members

ANY sturdy problem-free Ibanez SR-300 series.

{censored}... I'll sell ya one! SR-305 natural finish, rosewood fretboard 24 frets double P soapbars, active EQ, nice and stable and comfy to play.

Hmm, that list price equates to $133 USD. Are basses like your's selling that low?

• Members

Used, they're around $150. If they're in good shape. Most aren't.

Mine has been babied, and I still like it for when I need a straight-tuned bass. So I've been reluctant to let go of it.

Then that would definitly be a better deal. I wouldn't ever buy the one in the OP either. Those level basses seem to be for people who want the absolute cheapest they can find, regardless of quality, and would be hard pressed to pay much more for a better bass.

• Members

It's a garage sale bass. Nothing more.

I'd rather save up the cash, camp out at the stores and tell the shop keeper, "HEY! This is what I'm looking for, this is what I can afford for a good used instrument. Call me when it walks in the door."

That's how I got my Tobias. Ryan knew what I like, knew what I was looking for, and BAM. For HUNDREDS less than I wanted to pay. All because I was patient.

Archived