867-5309.....wrong number?

MisfitKay138

• Members

anyone know the CORRECT tabs for Jenny? ive googled, and i print, take it home and they're freakin WRONG!!! :mad:

i got practice tonight with the cover band im going for, and ive got half that song down, but the tabs i have completely dropped the half the damn song.

so far ive got down, American Girl - Tom Petty, I Love R&R - Joan Jett, and most of Heartbreaker - Pat Benitar, but the middle part is freakin killing me. all my speed ad technique are in my picking hand, im not really very fast on the fretboard and small hands so not much reach so its giving me {censored}.

hopefully i wont completely bomb tonight :facepalm:

• Members

Intro/verse/chorus

F# DD AA BB

Bridge

E E E E E E E E A D

E E E E E D C# A B

Chorus

Bridge

Second bridge- "I got it, I got it.."

C# E F A B

C# E F A B

Prelude to solo

F# on 2nd string to D on 3rd string, repeat

then F# on 2nd string to D on 3rd string to A on 2nd string to B on 1st string, repeat

then

F# DD AA BB during solo, play first bridge again, verse again ad nauseum

• Members

Seems like learning this one is not the easiest because the guitars and bass are slightly out of tune.
:confused:

yep - I ran into the same problem when I had to learn it. It's not a hard tune to play but the riff is pretty specific to that song but works out really well if you use the open A. I guessed wrong and showed up at the gig with the wrong tuning in my head - ouch...

I noticed most of the Van Halen tunes are not in standard tuning also.

• Members

if you ever go into Safeway, you can use 867-5309 as your club card number if you dont have a card and you'll get the safeway card discount.

Now THIS is why I love the internet so. No matter the subject of the thread, someone will have something useful I can take away! :thu:

You rule. . ..but then you knew it. ;)

• Members

Second bridge- "I got it, I got it.."

C# E F A B

C# E F A B

Prelude to solo

F# on 2nd string to D on 3rd string, repeat

then F# on 2nd string to D on 3rd string to A on 2nd string to B on 1st string, repeat

this is where i was lost but the guitarist showed me last night. now ive got 14 more songs to freakin learn by friday :facepalm::cry:

• Members

Seems like learning this one is not the easiest because the guitars and bass are slightly out of tune.
:confused:

i noticed that! :eek: i kept thinking my bass was going freakin wonky, changed bass, same thing so im thinking ok why the hell i gotta get setups on all my freakin gear???? so i tune to what im hearing, then use the tuner again after playing to check and see whats going on and its way off

• Members

and why the hell is it that everytime i go for a band, everyone else is all like "im so impressed on how quick you learn these songs, how accurate, you're really good and work well with us...." :blah: but the drummer's all like...well theres a couple other people i think we need to try.....:mad::mad::mad:

so now im put on hold for this band too, while they try out someone the guitarist kept saying that he was not impressed with at all when he played with him before. but im always welcome to come learn and jam and be part of the family. WTF??!!?!?!?? :mad:

i just wanna freakin play. everyone thinks im so good all the time, but i cant sing and play so im the one that gets kicked

• Members

but im always welcome to come learn and jam and be part of the family. WTF??!!?!?!??
:mad:

:idea:

Take them up on it.

I auditioned for my first band about 5 years ago. They invited me to join and then kicked me out two weeks later via email; HOWEVER, a few of the guys asked me to come join them for Friday night jams. I did. I was in a gigging band about six months later and in my current band before the end of the year.

• Members

they might still pick me, but im not feeling very confident about it. the drummer wasnt too happy about me not knowing the meanings of time structures and chords and all the tech stuff. the guitarist wants me to at least try to learn where the notes are on the fretboard by memory but he's not overly worried about it. im completely self taught. by ear and tab. i just know what frets im playing at. :idk: i know im not the best player, but i do very well i think for not really knowing much about what im doing.

• Members

and why the hell is it that everytime i go for a band, everyone else is all like "im so impressed on how quick you learn these songs, how accurate, you're really good and work well with us...."
:blah:
but the drummer's all like...well theres a couple other people i think we need to try.....

so now im put on hold for this band too, while they try out someone the guitarist kept saying that he was not impressed with at all when he played with him before. but im always welcome to come learn and jam and be part of the family. WTF??!!?!?!??

i just wanna freakin play. everyone thinks im so good all the time, but i cant sing and play so im the one that gets kicked

I understand how you feel, but keep in mind the drummer in particular needs to be happy with the bassplayer he's playing with. Bass and drums generally lock in together. Maybe he just wants to make sure they make the best decision for the band.

But keep practicing and play all you can. You could still get the job!

• Members

We play that song and all I pretty much play are root notes.

I usually do a little something when going from the B to the F#. In fact. You can get away with just playing a C# on the way from the B back to the F#.

One extra note in the whole song.

Less is More. :D

Archived