OT: Vacation Weight Loss Plan!!! Help!!!

BottomHeavyKate

• Members

Okay - my boss is sending me and my best friend on vacation to his luxury condo in May. I've got four weeks to get in as good a shape as I can.....

:eek:

Nothing drastic, nothing unhealty but does anyone have any good advice???

My excercise is limited to swimming and weight lifting. The weight lifting has to be fixed machines too - no free weights. My back is doing better but not that good yet :thu:

Suggestions?

Go!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A quick (and safe way) to lose 5-10 lbs of water weight;

Drink a gallon of distilled water with dandilion tea, juice from a whole lemon, and two tbl of 100% cranberry juice. Drink one gallon of this concoction a day for a week. Keep you sodium intake below 1500mg a day.

This clears your water weight and does a good job of making your liver happy. DO NOT drink distilled water beyond a week. Switch to regular water. Your bones need the minerals in water.

• Members

Unfortunately,
healthy
weight loss is only a couple of pounds per week.

In all honesty, Atkin's sheds pounds pretty fast, if you don't mind eating bacon fried in pure butter, topped with sausage.

:love:
getting hungry...

This is true - I'd be happy dropping 8-10 pounds over the month.

and I'm using this to kick start some ongoing weight loss. It gives me a goal that I need to really stick to for a month that hopefully I can stick to when I get back.

I probably won't do Adkins. I'm think of cutting all junk out of my diet. Killing the caffeine, hitting the pool 4-5 times a week, sticking to lean meat and lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

• Members

Geez, where do you work?
:mad:
Are they hiring?

Dude - it's not even funny. He sending the two of us to his place in Florida, used his miles to pay for our flight and our company vouchers to pay for our rental car... :love:

He worked with my friend before he hired me and he told me it seemed like we both needed a vacation.....

Now I have to figure out what kind of thank you present do you give the man who literally has everything.

• Members

Kate.

My big problem is that I've trained myself to eat fast. When I eat fast, I eat more, because my body doesn't get the full-tummy message before I'm actually full.

Ruin your meals. Have one of those granola bars before your meals, so your belly starts digesting before a real amount of food is in there. You'll get to the full-tummy phase quicker. Same reason yo momma said don't spoil your dinner by eating a cookie.

• Members

Okay - my boss is sending me and my best friend on vacation to his luxury condo in May. I've got four weeks to get in as good a shape as I can.....

:eek:

Nothing drastic, nothing unhealty but does anyone have any good advice???

My excercise is limited to swimming and weight lifting. The weight lifting has to be fixed machines too - no free weights. My back is doing better but not that good yet
:thu:

Suggestions?

Go!

Lift that 686 about 100x a day, on each arm.

• Members

:freak:

NOT a good look.

Eat, drink and exercise in moderation. From what I've seen here, you already look fine.
:D

+1 Anyway, I've read that spicey food will increase a person's metabolism. The article recommended using tobasco sauce on everything to help weight loss. My wife started using tobasco sauce as her condiment of choice, and it does seem to have a small affect.

I've also read that eating a large number of small meals helps keep weight down. The reasoning is that the body thinks food is plentiful, and does not store fat. I've always tended to do this naturally, and I've always been thin. I typically eat breakfast, 10:00 am snack, lunch, 3:00 pm snack, dinner, and 8:00 pm snack. Each meal is small though. My breakfast is a bowl of rasin bran, my 10:00 am snack is a small (0.9 oz) bag of pretzels, etc. I also drink water almost exclusively. Soda, juice, etc. have a large amount of calories.

Good luck with the weight loss. Don't lose too much, though. Men like women with some meat on their bones. :love:

Archived