Defeating the Detroit Red Wings is like curing cancer...

Bryan316

• Members

See ya later, Columbus. All your sports talk radio jockeys will be eating bushels of crow tomorrow morning.

You're a good sport... :rolleyes:

I don't listen to sports talk radio, so I have no idea what they've been saying. Regardless, I'm glad Columbus finally made the playoffs, and I hope they can return next year.

• Members

And we're UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Hey UNSTOPPABLE, you were right about the stage the Token being hotter than billy hell. What really bothered me though was the weird monitor arrangement. We were each in our own vacuum up there, to quote a guy from one of the other bands.

We're at the Bullfrog next, then the Ritz. Never played either one. How are they compared to the Token?

--

• Members

The Wings are like the Patriots in that they always look for players who can fit into their system and are smart enough to follow it. I've played hockey all my life and smart teams like the Wings look like they are moving faster but they're not, they're moving smarter. They always find the weakspot on the ice and exploit it. They know a teammate is going to be where he's supposed to be so they move the puck effortlessly. Brilliant hockey.

When I was in High School, our team played in the Illinois State semi-finals against New Trier West who was coached by former Blackhawk Eric Nesteranko. They were so disciplined they made us look like we were skating in slow circles. We were actually skating like mad but they didn't have to skate as much because of their efficient puck movement. That's good hockey!

The best team in history was the Gretzky era Edmonton Oilers. Brilliant and extremely talented bunch.

• Members

I know they were, they beat my Hawks in 71, the last year Bobby Hull was with the team. Funny thing is even players on that Montreal team said the Hawks were a better team!!

Sorry man, Gretzky, Messier, Kuri, Coffee, the whole lot of them just had more firepower than any other team could handle defensively. You score 5 they score 7. You score 3 they score 5.

Doesn't matter, you just can't stop them.

• Members

I know they were, they beat my Hawks in 71, the last year Bobby Hull was with the team. Funny thing is even players on that Montreal team said the Hawks were a better team!!

Sorry man, Gretzky, Messier, Kuri, Coffee, the whole lot of them just had more firepower than any other team could handle defensively. Your score 5 they score 7. Doesn't matter, you just can't stop them.

The entire team (Oilers) was just amazing. One of the deepest teams in history. It's not always about the goals.

• Members

I'd say WITHOUT Gretzky they were as good as most Cup winners. That's how deep they were.

He puts them over the top though, his genius was unparalleled.

And I think the fact that they won a cup without both him and Fuhr speaks volumes to this.

• Members

It was unfortunate for Columbus to have to face them in round 1... they never stood a chance. At least they made the playoffs, though.

that's easy to say now, but with nash having three hat tricks in the regular season against us in a 3-3 series tie, i certainly didn't feel comfortable making such a claim.

robb.

• Members

just like he choked last year, right? i don't even think he choked on the champagne he sipped out of the cup. which, by the way, is what you win when you win the NHL championship. being from colorado, you're probably not familiar with that.

robb.

He pretty much choked in 01 against the Kings, but yeah you're right... Since the lockout the Avs haven't been all that. Bums me out, but that doesn't mean I can't still talk {censored} on the Wings... Especially since the lowly Avs took the season series. :p

That's all I got. Haha.

• Members

Hey UNSTOPPABLE, you were right about the stage the Token being hotter than billy hell. What really bothered me though was the weird monitor arrangement. We were each in our own vacuum up there, to quote a guy from one of the other bands.

We're at the Bullfrog next, then the Ritz. Never played either one. How are they compared to the Token?

--

Hey Detox, when did you play the Token? My band played there last weekend at the Sean Baker Orchestra show. Were you guys there? I couldn't hear a damned thing on stage at that gig.

• Members

Hey Detox, when did you play the Token? My band played there last weekend at the Sean Baker Orchestra show. Were you guys there? I couldn't hear a damned thing on stage at that gig.

We played last Saturday (18th). Went on after the Tiles. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having problems hearing on that stage.

Archived