Cables (surprise on-topic post)

Flâneur

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i don't buy into more expensive cables giving you better tone. i find that, unless the cable is a total piece of {censored}, they dont make noticable tone differences, and no tonal difference at all when playing with a band.

i mostly buy good cables because they're resistant, durable, etc.... been using Planet Waves and Klotz. great ones.

i'll check if "my store" carries those (i actually need some new ones)! :thu:

• Members

I agree with you, Poltergeist re tone.

I had a couple of bad experiences with PW and, even though they're guaranteed, I was surprised. The CT cables seem to fit my criteria of fair price, not flimsy and don't sound bad (I have had some cables which did).

I think they only deal direct - but I don't know - and postage may make them more expensive, despite the

• Members

Anybody tried ClearTone cables?

I've had a few of them. They seem quite good - robust, well-made and transparent. And not too expensive, either. An acoustic guitardist of my acquaintance reckons one I gave him made a big difference.

Anyone else?

I've never tried these, but they appear to be decent quality cables. I definitely like the label with all the info at the end of each cable, that could be handy at times.

• Members

i just used a set of decent (read: expensive) cables for the first time at practice last night and it made quite a difference. the sound isn't really louder or brighter, i'd call it more detailed. the highs sparkle more and the lows punch harder. infinite sustain!

• Members

i just used a set of decent (read: expensive) cables for the first time at practice last night and it made quite a difference. the sound isn't really louder or brighter, i'd call it more detailed. the highs sparkle more and the lows punch harder. infinite sustain!

Unless the cables you were using before were in some way defective (poorly soldered connections, etc), I am guessing that this was more in your head than in reality.

• Members

nope, my old cables before worked fine. it could have been 'all in my head' but i guess you could say the same re: the difference between a POS squier and a vintage pre-CBS strat.

You could say a lot of things and still be wrong:D. There isn't any evidence at all for hearing any differences between cables. I'm not sayin you don't hear a difference, if you think you did, that's cool with me. Play them in good health.

Dan

• Members

Oh god. It's happening again.

I've used all sorts of cables of all sorts of price ranges, both scientific and otherwise tested. I can only hear a difference when I use a super long cable vs a shorter one. But then again I now use a 20 footer into my pedal board and a 20 footer out, so that shows you how much my "testing" influenced me.

Yo.

Archived