NFL Draft Thread?

burdizzos

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why? Are they giving teams less time to pick, so we can actually watch the draft instead of being bored to tears?
:lol:

Mainly with the big 3 QB's coming out.

It's not like a secret why Dirty left USC a year early, which is/was almost unheard of. :thu:

• Members

Mainly with the big 3 QB's coming out.

It's not like a secret why Dirty left USC a year early, which is/was almost unheard of.
:thu:

That's why I was so surprised to see Detroit jump through their asses to get Stafford. It's not like he's going to turn that program around. They should have Traded around for a good pick next year and spent their picks this year on some defensive impact players.

Sanchez still would have been a top 5 pick next year and he probably would have been drafted ahead of McCoy and Bradford. It's not like he was really losing out on anything aside from one year's salary in the NFL.

Hell, after the season the Raiders are about to have with their awesome picks, they'd have been in line to take Sanchez as the #1 overall next year, but that's off the table. Now the Raiders will have to take some ACC hack running back as first overall.

• Members

That's why I was so surprised to see Detroit jump through their asses to get Stafford. It's not like he's going to turn that program around. They should have Traded around for a good pick next year and spent their picks this year on some defensive impact players.

Sanchez still would have been a top 5 pick next year and he probably would have been drafted ahead of McCoy and Bradford. It's not like he was really losing out on anything aside from one year's salary in the NFL.

Hell, after the season the Raiders are about to have with their awesome picks, they'd have been in line to take Sanchez as the #1 overall next year, but that's off the table. Now the Raiders will have to take some ACC hack running back as first overall.

I dunno as I kinda disagree about the QB thing but of course that's not news... ;) (Dirty over McCoy and Bradford, anyway).

My gf actually got in on an XM sports radio show today talking about that. I haven't seen that much public dick suck of a USC player drafted #5 since like, what, 2005? And that's really panned out for everyone well in Arizona, and I think Leinart is 100x the natural QB that Dirty is, regardless of "desire" and all that BS.

I think if Bradford stays all through eligibility he could be a #1 pick. He has a much better NFL style game than McCoy or Tebow. And regardless of how they each will translate TO the actual NFL game, one of those 3 teams is gonna win the BCS next year (I think it'll be Texas v. Florida actually) which always counts for something- warranted or no.

• Members

The fact that Sanchez was coached by Pete Caroll would have put him ahead of Bradford and McCoy.

Everyone {censored}ing loves Tebow, the guy is a lock as the #1 overall if he puts up similar numbers again this year.

It would have been close. You probably would have had all 4 go in the Top 10, Top 15 easily.

As much as I like Colt and how he fits the Texas game he will transition the "worst", so to speak, of the three guys next year. Possibly, anyway. He was a more natural-styled QB his freshman year. He only seriously took to the aggressive ground game last year, after an iffy Soph season.

But yeah. If Tebow even sniffs a BCS bowl he's in at #1.

Do you think someone will draft him as a QB or try to convert him to like a fullback or TE or something?

• Members

I ascribe to the theory that there is no better indicator of NFL ready-ness than the amount of snaps taken in college. In this area, Sanchez is lacking.

The stats definitely back that up. That's one thing in Stafford's favor, and will be in next year's crop.

• Members

Who are the Big 3 QBs coming out?

The Heisman winners and runner's up. :)

McCoy, Bradford and Tebow.

Btw, did JPW from 'Bama get drafted? I knew Harrell didn't, but I thought he was a pretty decent QB actually (JPW).

• Members

It would have been close. You probably would have had all 4 go in the Top 10, Top 15 easily.

As much as I like Colt and how he fits the Texas game he will transition the "worst", so to speak, of the three guys next year. Possibly, anyway. He was a more natural-styled QB his freshman year. He only seriously took to the aggressive ground game last year, after an iffy Soph season.

But yeah. If Tebow even sniffs a BCS bowl he's in at #1.

Do you think someone will draft him as a QB or try to convert him to like a fullback or TE or something?

Nah, Tebow is a QB all the way. The guy has a good arm and he works on his throwing mechanics like a second religion. He's also tough enough to do well right away on a team with a {censored}ty O-line.

• Moderators
Nah, Tebow is a QB all the way. The guy has a good arm and he works on his throwing mechanics like a second religion. He's also tough enough to do well right away on a team with a {censored}ty O-line.

What would you think of Miami drafting him next year? That could be aseriously fun offense with Pat White and Tebow.

• Moderators

Some other Qbs-

Jevan Snead*, Ole Miss

Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.

Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.

2/4/09: Along with Michael Oher, Greg Hardy and Peria Jerry, Jevan Sneed was a major reason for Ole Miss' recent success. Sneed threw for 2,762 yards, 26 touchdowns and 13 picks as a sophomore. He also had an 8.4 YPA. His completion percentage of 56.3 is his only blemish.

Pat Devlin*, Delaware

Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.

Projected 40 Time: 4.74.

Projected Round (2010): 2.

2/4/09: Pat Devlin doesn't have much playing experience, thanks to Darryl Clark, but he possesses a rocket arm. He transferred over to Delaware in hopes of becoming the next Joe Flacco.

Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

Height: 6-5. Weight: 228.

Projected 40 Time: 4.94.

Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

2/4/09: While Tim Hiller started and played OK as a sophomore, he really stepped it up in 2008, throwing for 3,725 yards, 36 touchdowns and just 10 picks. Hiller also maintained a 64.9 completion percentage and a 7.1 YPA.

Dan LeFevour*, Central Michigan

Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.

Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

Projected Round (2010): 4.

2/4/09: Dan LeFevour threw for 2,784 yards, 21 touchdowns and just six picks as a junior. He also rushed for 592yards. His YPA (7.4) and completion percentage (66.8) were both pretty solid.

5/1/08: Looking to be the next talented NFL quarterback from the MAC, Dan LeFevour threw for 3,652 yards, 27 touchdowns and only 13 picks in 2007. He completed 65.4 percent of his passes, and rushed for 1,122 yards and 19 scores.

• Members

What would you think of Miami drafting him next year? That could be aseriously fun offense with Pat White and Tebow.

He's already a demi-God in Florida.

Him at the helm of the Dolphins would cement his God-like status in that state forever. :)

I'd "whif" a few swings if it was close at season's end to pick him up...

;)

• Members

Given that White's a much better passer than most give him credit for, that would be a really fun offense to watch.

Seeing them both get 15-20 touches a game, every snap wondering who's running where and for what purpose; I'd watch every televised game :D

• Members

Jevan Snead*, Ole Miss

Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.

Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.

2/4/09: Along with Michael Oher, Greg Hardy and Peria Jerry, Jevan Sneed was a major reason for Ole Miss' recent success. Sneed threw for 2,762 yards, 26 touchdowns and 13 picks as a sophomore. He also had an 8.4 YPA. His completion percentage of 56.3 is his only blemish.

I forgot about Snead. He was the backup QB at Texas before Colt came into his own and started garnering NCAA frosh records left and right. I don't blame him for leaving at all.

• Members

Dan LeFevour*, Central Michigan

Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.

Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

Projected Round (2010): 4.

2/4/09: Dan LeFevour threw for 2,784 yards, 21 touchdowns and just six picks as a junior. He also rushed for 592yards. His YPA (7.4) and completion percentage (66.8) were both pretty solid.

5/1/08: Looking to be the next talented NFL quarterback from the MAC, Dan LeFevour threw for 3,652 yards, 27 touchdowns and only 13 picks in 2007. He completed 65.4 percent of his passes, and rushed for 1,122 yards and 19 scores.

This is another guy who would be a lot of fun to watch in Miami (or another Team deciding to go Wildcat and drafting both Tebow and LeFevour).

Le Fevour came one rushing TD short of joining Tebow in the "No one else in NCAA history" 20/20 club.

• Members

That would be off the hook, but Miami would have to sell their stadium to be able to get Tebow.

They will be in the playoffs this year, so there's no way they will be able to swing Tebow.

The thought of it is {censored}ing scary, though. It would be worth trading Henne and Pennington to make it happen.

• Members

Given that White's a much better passer than most give him credit for, that would be a really fun offense to watch.

Seeing them both get 15-20 touches a game, every snap wondering who's running where and for what purpose; I'd watch every televised game
:D

+1

White only had one decent receiver the whole time he was at WVU. The rest of those clowns couldn't run routes or catch for {censored}.

Hell, White + Brown + Williams will be fun to watch.

• Moderators
+1

White only had one decent receiver the whole time he was at WVU. The rest of those clowns couldn't run routes or catch for {censored}.

Hell, White + Brown + Williams will be fun to watch.

It could take Ginn's game up a notch, too. He's been inconsistent thus far. I really wonder, as we're discussing it, if there is actually an offensive coordinator with enough creativity to really make something like that happen with a Tebow and White sharing the snaps. For that matter Juice Williams is a senior. He's not going to be a starting NFL QB, IMHO, but he would also present some interesting offensive possibilities.

• Members

It could take Ginn's game up a notch, too. He's been inconsistent thus far. I really wonder, as we're discussing it, if there is actually an offensive coordinator with enough creativity to really make something like that happen with a Tebow and White sharing the snaps. For that matter Juice Williams is a senior. He's not going to be a starting NFL QB, IMHO, but he would also present some interesting offensive possibilities.

Juice would be crazy fun to watch in a Wildcat-heavy offensive scheme.

Archived