Who knows about iPhones?

• Members

So, im like a luddite these days, I don't know crap about some of this stuff. Is the 8gig iPhone outmoded? I may get my wife one for Mothers Day. SOmeone school me on the 8gig/16gig dichotomy, so I can make an edumacated decision.

• Members

My brother just got one, and he won't shut up about it. He only got the bloody thing today! :rolleyes:

He happens to work for another large mobile phone (cellphone) manufacturer. I don't know what the hell they're gonna say when he goes in to work tomorrow with it. :lol:

Basically people who have iPhones never shut the {censored} about having iPhones. If you ever saw that South Park episode about the hybrid cars, its like that. I think they sniff their own farts also.... not 100% on that though.

• Members

so the difference is merely in storing media?

yeah, im generally anti-iPhone and in fact anti-cell phone. i remember when only doctors had them and we called them car phones...now get off my lawn

scary to slowly become an old guy....

at least i still want a pointy bass

• Members

Yeah they are the same besides storage.

And color - the 16gb is also available in white, while the 8 is only available in black.

whoopty {censored}ing doo, I know.

I would honestly get her a gift card for it for 2 reasons:

1) it looks like their is a new iPhone coming in the next month and a half (prob during WWDC in early June).

2) Setting up the phone at the $199 price will deactivate her current phone if you're porting the number, or it will cost you $599 without contract (but still locked to AT&T).

• Members

My brother just got one, and he won't shut up about it. He only got the bloody thing today!
:rolleyes:

He happens to work for another large mobile phone (cellphone) manufacturer. I don't know what the hell they're gonna say when he goes in to work tomorrow with it.
:lol:

Basically people who have iPhones never shut the {censored} about having iPhones. If you ever saw that South Park episode about the hybrid cars, its like that. I think they sniff their own farts also.... not 100% on that though.

I dot that sometimes.

:freak:

• Members

My brother just got one, and he won't shut up about it. He only got the bloody thing today!
:rolleyes:

He happens to work for another large mobile phone (cellphone) manufacturer. I don't know what the hell they're gonna say when he goes in to work tomorrow with it.
:lol:

With good reason. I'm not an apple fan at all. Actually, Apple is one of the companies I disdain the most, but the iPhone is pure genious compared to all the phones I've tested (which is mostly restricted to the phones belonging to 20-30 mates with a religious commitment to cell-phone-technology.. The funny thing is that most of them (not all) agree with me).

As to answer your questions: An 8gb will do fine, unless she's obscenely interested in music, in which case I would just buy her a musician to toy with (If you don't cut it that is).

Archived