Judas Priest - then and now

vanlatte

• Members

First off I gotta say I have always been a Priest fan, when I was younger I think 'Livin After Midnight' was some sort of rite of passage for every wannabe guitar or bass player. Always dug their tunes and still do.

Nowdays, knowing what we know about Rob Halford, I just have to scratch my head and think "How did we not see this?" Don't get me wrong, I am not a homophobe by any stretch and still dig the music but looking back it seems so obvious...I mean just look at the "Crusin'" type of getups:

judas_priest2_large.jpg

Sort of gives a whole new spin on songs like 'Love Bites', 'Island of Domination' 'Jawbreaker' and 'Point of Entry'

:p:facepalm:

• Members

First off I gotta say I have always been a Priest fan, when I was younger I think 'Livin After Midnight' was some sort of rite of passage for every wannabe guitar or bass player. Always dug their tunes and still do.

Nowdays, knowing what we know about Rob Halford, I just have to scratch my head and think "How did we not see this?" Don't get me wrong, I am not a homophobe by any stretch and still dig the music but looking back it seems so obvious...I mean just look at the "Crusin'" type of getups:

judas_priest2_large.jpg

Sort of gives a whole new spin on songs like 'Love Bites', 'Island of Domination' 'Jawbreaker' and 'Point of Entry'

:p:facepalm:

What about Turbo Lover?:facepalm:

• Members

What about Turba Lover?
:facepalm:

Beat me to it. One of my all time Favorite Priest tunes. And while I am in favor of whatever your sexual orientation is, now that I know about Halford, I get a little uneasy cranking that one up and rocking out to it. :lol:

• Members

Beat me to it. One of my all time Favorite Priest tunes. And while I am in favor of whatever your sexual orientation is, now that I know about Halford, I get a little uneasy cranking that one up and rocking out to it.
:lol:

Ain't that the truth.:facepalm: Where in Texas are you?

• Members

3 hours South of you. Outside of Austin.

Cool. As soon as I get a free weekend day from playing shows, I am coming your way for a day trip. I am wanting to go to Bass Emporium to try out some boutique bass. I am considering a custom and was goin to check out some of the builders they carry there. We do not have any shops like that here in Dallas.:mad:

• Members

Cool. As soon as I get a free weekend day from playing shows, I am coming your way for a day trip. I am wanting to go to Bass Emporium to try out some boutique bass. I am considering a custom and was goin to check out some of the builders they carry there. We do not have any shops like that here in Dallas.
:mad:

They have lots of awesome stuff. It'll be well worth your trip.

• Members

Cool. As soon as I get a free weekend day from playing shows, I am coming your way for a day trip. I am wanting to go to Bass Emporium to try out some boutique bass. I am considering a custom and was goin to check out some of the builders they carry there. We do not have any shops like that here in Dallas.
:mad:

PM me when you go down there. They have a Peavey TL-6 I want to check out. It will have to be a Saturday, they are closed Sunday and Monday.

• Members

PM me when you go down there. They have a Peavey TL-6 I want to check out. It will have to be a Saturday, they are closed Sunday and Monday.

Will do. It will be a Saturday I am sure because my brother in law wants to go also.

• Members

Not to mention he started the whole "metal" leather and studs look. from getting cloths from a fetish shop

And at the time, it was just cool...never once did the thought "gay" ever, EVER come to mind. It's just bizzare...I have been rocking out to "Best Of" for a few days now, some of that stuff was just amazing. And I heard they are still touring, Robs voice is still holding up and it would be a fantastic show I am sure.

• Members

And at the time, it was just cool...never once did the thought "gay" ever, EVER come to mind. It's just bizzare...

Your totally right.:lol: and what about 80s hair bands, in their tights and all...and hang on, these days boys wearing girls skinny jeans :eek:

• Members

Your totally right.
:lol:
and what about 80s hair bands, in their tights and all...and hang on, these days boys wearing girls skinny jeans
:eek:

Well that one is a little different; even back in the day I remember seeing a Poison poster and thinking "man, them are some haggard looking chicks!"

:facepalm:

• Members

And at the time, it was just cool...never once did the thought "gay" ever, EVER come to mind.

Really?

I remember back in 85 or so joking with some friends about Halford: there was more than a little suspicion about his gayness even back then.

My buddy Greg used to come right out and say:"Halford? yeah, he's as queer as a two dollar bill"

• Members

No love for Grinder....
:(

"Wants you to eat" :lol:

What about "Rapid Fire":

Pounding the world like a battering ram

Forging the furnace for the final grand slam

Chopping away at the source soon the course will be done

Leaving a trail of destruction that's second to none

• Members

Oh yeah, the good old days.

I think they were my favorite band back in the day.

I watched a couple of youtubes of them yesterday and I still get goose bumps.

Man that was good stuff. I do think a lot of that crowd would have flipped out though, had they realized (I saw them in lower AL and MS).

C.

Archived