Dogfish Head Aprihop

Svi

• Members

Not much of a fruity beer fan. Magic Hat #9 has a slight apricot flavor to it, and even that bothers me.

I don't care too much for fruity beers either, with the exception of a good cherry stout, so I'm hoping this doesn't have an overwhelming fruity taste to it. But Dogfish Head makes some good stuff so I figured I can't go wrong with this one.

• Members

I've had it before. I don't remember what it tasted like though. It's not as subtle as #9 is...it's got more of a fruity taste IIRC, but it wasn't overpowering either.

I know I didn't buy it again, but that doesn't mean anything.

#9 is my all time favorite beer...

• Members

I don't care too much for fruity beers either, with the exception of a good cherry stout, so I'm hoping this doesn't have an overwhelming fruity taste to it. But Dogfish Head makes some good stuff so I figured I can't go wrong with this one.

Yeah, I've had a few Doghead brews, and some have been good, others just ok. I'm curious about this one tho. Let us know. :)

• Members

i HATE #9

ugh........

+1

Magic Hat's (H)IPA is terrific but I can't drink their #9. Never been a fan of fruit flavored beers. If I want something that is slightly citrus-flavored, I have a DFH 60-minute. :love:

I like nearly everything DFH makes but haven't tried the Aprihop yet.

• Members

Sad to report that I am not a fan. It has almost a musty, stale aftertaste to it. The apricot is barely there, and it's not very hoppy at all, not hoppy enough to be called an IPA. I am so disappointed!

Archived