This is soooo cool

W33nie

• Members

I don't think they sound cheap at all. I think they have a very unique voice, clear and deep.

I'm sure it feels kinda cheap but it is cheap. It's nice and light so I plan on using it on days where I need (or want) a light bass.

• Members

I agree
:D

I've got flats on mine now (Fender stainless .045-.0950, plus chicken head knobs and a vintage rosewood bridge from Allparts. The intonation is fine, and it has toanz for days.
:thu:

ooh. i was gonna ask what it sounds like with flats

• Members

ooh. i was gonna ask what it sounds like with flats

It sounded good with the factory rounds. It sounds great with the Fender flats, which are still pretty bright. bnyswonger runs his Dano with TI flats.

Play it with both pups and volume and tone wide open with a heavy pick and a light palm mute, and the toanz = :love:

Neck dive isn't a big deal. Yes, it has a long scale neck and a hollow body, but the small tuners actually work to the bass's advantage in this respect. They weigh less, hence less dive.

• Members

What's the neck like?

The profile feels a bit like my MIJ '51 P-bass reissue. There's less taper from the nut to the bridge, I think, and the radius is a bit flatter than you'll find on a modern Fender, for example.

The finish is flat black---cheap & cheerful, and I like it better than a high gloss finish. It's much less draggy.

24 frets are a nice touch if you're a wanker. The extended range comes in handy when we cover 'All Right Now' by Free. The upper register riff during the guitar solo is easier for some reason.

We may have a last-minute gig at Duffy's Hangar in Salem this weekend, and if so I plan to gig the Dano. I'll post a product review.

• Members

Damn it... You all are terrible, terrible people. I am seriously content with my gear, until I log on to here, which I am on here quite a bit. Now I really want that, and its $199 right now, and from the clips it sounds pretty damn bitchin.
:facepalm:

aww damn it went back up

I really don't know If I want this, or If I want to save up for an NS Wav 4 EUR

• Members

Damn it... You all are terrible, terrible people. I am seriously content with my gear, until I log on to here, which I am on here quite a bit. Now I really want that, and its $199 right now, and from the clips it sounds pretty damn bitchin.
:facepalm:

It's 169.99 at musiciansfriend.com. See my earlier post about the deal I got.

• Members

I received mine yesterday, along with the tweed case. It is rather cheaply built of course but it does have a cool sound and is very easy to play. Action was almost perfect right off, had to lower the low "E" just a tiny bit.

Super light, fun type of bass but not a main axe.

The case is very nice for 29.00. Gold tweed is pretty and the construction is solid.

Bass grades

-------------------

Comfort = B+

Playability = B

Sound = B-

Built Quality = C-, unless you figure in price, then B-.

Value of bass = B

Value of whole package (bass, gig bag, 2 year replacement warranty) = A- **

** Total cost of the whole package = 219.00 (delivered).

Archived