THE song you wish you had written...

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

THats a tough question for me because there are so many, but maybe Freebird.

You know, not being a Skynnnrd fan, I thought to myself, "Well I really dislike Freebird, because I hear it WAY to many times." Then it dawned on me, you'd be friggen rich if you wrote that song, with the royalties and performance rights and such... Just sayin :idk:

• Members

tough question...so, two answers:

artistically: Three of A Perfect Pair, King Crimson

financially: Every Breath You Take, The Police (Sting apparently makes 2k/day on just having written this song)

• Members

You know, not being a Skynnnrd fan, I thought to myself, "Well I really dislike Freebird, because I hear it WAY to many times." Then it dawned on me, you'd be friggen rich if you wrote that song, with the royalties and performance rights and such... Just sayin
:idk:

Exactly!!!!!!!

• Members

Songs that immediately come to mind are Rhapsody in Blue, Appalachain Spring, Where the Streets Have No Name, and Good Vibrations.

My final answer would probably be The Predatory Wasp Of The Palasades Is Out To Get Us! by Sufjan Stevens

• Members
If it isn't Thriller (see my previous post) then it's likely something by Elvis.

I was thinking that "Walk This Way" would have to be up there as well. Not only did it hit big by two bands, but it's frequently by a ton of DJ's who scratch. No idea if royalties need to be paid out for that though.

Archived