"You guys should have been the headliners."

Thunderbroom

• Members

We played a fundraiser tonight with two other bands. Each band played about 18 songs. We were second.

We absolutely killed!!

Both bands were good, but we brought it tonight. The crowd was going nuts for us. The drummer of the headlining band wore one of our shirts during their set and then told me after the show that we should have been the headliners and anyone with half a brain could see that. Cool!

There were all kinds of issues tonight, but we still tore the place down. The monitors SUCKED. The drummer could not hear anything. This whole event was coordinated with the main act. We had wanted to bring our IEM's but he (their band leader) said no and that we'd all use the same setup. Fine by us; however, when we got there the soundguy asked about about our IEM setup. The other bands were playing WTFL. We brought our stage volume way down when we played which actually helped quite a bit. Also, the main act used their IEM's but failed to tell the bass player. He did a good job dealing with it though.

Next week...another gig...hopefully it will go as well.

Got rehearsal with my other band tomorrow.

:cool:

Goodnight.

• Members

The drummer of the headlining band wore one of our shirts during their set and then told me after the show that we should have been the headliners and anyone with half a brain could see that.

From what I've heard of your band, you are good, but I can't help feeling a little sad for the headliner band to have a drummer like that.

• Members
We've been researching IEMs. Which system to you have? Do you each get your own mix?

yfc_iem_02a.jpg
yfc_iem_03a.jpg

It's an Allen & Heath Monitor Mixer with some extra stuff in the rack. While we have the ability to each have individual mixes, the singers share a mix for now. The rest of us have the ability to mix an overall band mix with our own individual mix to each have our own custom mix. What we have is not inexpensive, but we believe it was worth it.

• Members

The drummer? The issue with the band is the main person, not the sidemen from what I understand. He's known to have a huge ego. I didn't experience it as I didn't really talk to him, but people I know have dealt with him and say he has an issue. It's all good though.

Of course it's always great to get appreciation from other musicians, but unless it's a two-way street between the bands or you are known to be a huge fan of said band, I still find it somewhat provocative and a deplorable attitude from any member of a band to wear the T-shirt of the gig's other act and dissing your own band.

There must be nobler to adress the issues.

However, it's good to hear your band is on the roll.

• Members

Of course it's always great to get appreciation from other musicians, but unless it's a two-way street between the bands or you are known to be a huge fan of said band, I still find it somewhat provocative and a deplorable attitude from any member of a band to wear the T-shirt of the gig's other act and dissing your own band.

There must be nobler to adress the issues.

However, it's good to hear your band is on the roll.

I don't see it that way - for example, I have friends in every major band in my area, and they often give me one of their T-shirts... So, I'll sometimes wear those Ts at my band's gigs - after all, what am I gonna do, wear one of OUR shirts??? Furthermore, *if* my band was the headliner, and another band blew us off the stage that night, I'd have no qualms in telling them that - after all, the truth IS the truth...

JMHO,

- georgestrings

• Members
Pics or no Keytar!

:thu:

:D

I know there were pics of Rich with the keytar last night because I saw one or two them. I'll gladly post 'em. I've been after him to buy one for 2+ years. He finally broke down and got one. It was great seeing/hearing him rocking his solo on "Pour Me" on that thing last night. I was grinning from ear to ear.

• Members

:D

I know there were pics of Rich with the keytar last night because I saw one or two them. I'll gladly post 'em. I've been after him to buy one for 2+ years. He finally broke down and got one. It was great seeing/hearing him rocking his solo on "Pour Me" on that thing last night. I was grinning from ear to ear.

It's funny....the keytar is reviled by many, and most keyboardists believe they are above such silliness......until they get one!

• Members

Sweet deal dude.:thu:

It's an Allen & Heath Monitor Mixer with some extra stuff in the rack. While we have the ability to each have individual mixes, the singers share a mix for now. The rest of us have the ability to mix an overall band mix with our own individual mix to each have our own custom mix. What we have is not inexpensive, but we believe it was worth it.

sorry this just read like....
derive-while-you-derive.jpg

Archived