"You guys should have been the headliners."

Thunderbroom

• Members
I don't see it that way - for example, I have friends in every major band in my area, and they often give me one of their T-shirts... So, I'll sometimes wear those Ts at my band's gigs - after all, what am I gonna do, wear one of OUR shirts??? Furthermore, *if* my band was the headliner, and another band blew us off the stage that night, I'd have no qualms in telling them that - after all, the truth IS the truth...

JMHO,

- georgestrings

Why would you bother playing and trying to get exposer for your band if people are going to see another band's name written on your shirt all night? Another band who you admit is a "top act" already. ANd I'm ill informed :facepalm:

• Members
Why would you bother playing and trying to get exposer for your band if people are going to see another band's name written on your shirt all night? Another band who you admit is a "top act" already. ANd I'm ill informed
:facepalm:

I don't see what the big deal is. I would have no issues wearing another acts T-shirt. I have never worn on of my bands shirts.

• Members

Not a BIG deal, but, as I stated in the original post, why advertise for a bigger band than yourself?

EXCEPT they are the bigger band. They've been together 9 years; we've been together for 4.5. They were voted the best Chicagoland country band; we weren't.

• Members

Good job T-Broom. My friend's band really took a big step forward at a Fest in Plainfield last night also. That's a fun damn town right there. After the fest we all went into a packed bar and some band tore up classics like Rock'n Roll Hoochie Coo and Mississipi Queen like nobody's business!

• Members
Why would you bother playing and trying to get exposer for your band if people are going to see another band's name written on your shirt all night? Another band who you admit is a "top act" already. ANd I'm ill informed
:facepalm:

Yeah, dude - you're an idiot - and btw, if you're using a spell checker, it's broken...

- georgestrings

• Members

I don't see what the big deal is. I would have no issues wearing another acts T-shirt. I have never worn on of my bands shirts.

Exactly - once you reach a certain level, it's not unheard of to wear a T with another band's name on it...

- georgestrings

• Members
Good job T-Broom. My friend's band really took a big step forward at a Fest in Plainfield last night also. That's a fun damn town right there. After the fest we all went into a packed bar and some band tore up classics like Rock'n Roll Hoochie Coo and Mississipi Queen like nobody's business!

:idea:
We're playing a bar in Plainfield next weekend.

• Members

Two bars right next to each other, each with good live bands. I didn't want to leave, ever!! Lots of women too but you're married so... :poke:

We're playing at Gunther's. It just outside of downtown on Lockport Street, west of the train tracks. It's a newer sports bar.

• Moderators

I don't see it that way - for example, I have friends in every major band in my area, and they often give me one of their T-shirts... So, I'll sometimes wear those Ts at my band's gigs - after all, what am I gonna do, wear one of OUR shirts??? Furthermore, *if* my band was the headliner, and another band blew us off the stage that night, I'd have no qualms in telling them that - after all, the truth IS the truth...

JMHO,

- georgestrings

Your opinion and mine. Well stated George.

• Moderators
Congrats on the gig.

Sometimes the middle slot is the best slot anyway

Playing covers I'd want to be the headliner and make the money. If you search back through most of my gig spam postings you'll see I typically try to get the first or second slot for all of my originals bands. :thu:

Archived