alright people sell me on the Iphone.

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

iPhones are the perfect choice for musicians. Why? Because there are tons of very useful apps for musicians (including bassists). Software for tuning, songwriting, recording, etc. So why even think further? :idk:

There are many more reasons to get an iPhone, but I thought I'd keep this on topic. :D

BTW, it's truly plug and play. Buy it. Buy it now. :thu:

• Members

AT&T does need to get with the program.Their rates are ridiculous for the service I'm getting. Although, I will say they are better than Verizon was when I had Verizon.

It all depends on where I'm at though. Phone signals are all over the map around here. Nobody is really the best.

As for the smudge touch screen, I don't ever have problems with it. I do have a screen protector, and sure, it smudges a little, but a quick swipe on the jeans, and it's all good.

• Members

With all due respect, is that as opposed to looking like a plain old douchebag for having
any
smartphone if you aren't forced to use one for business?
:confused::lol:

It's the Borg attachment earpiece that makes one look like the biggest douchebag. :lol:

• CMS Author

It's the Borg attachment earpiece that makes one look like the biggest douchebag.
:lol:

Oh, the Douchetooth? I'm proposing a law that basically states that if someone's wearing one and is talking while looking right at you, but is actually talking to someone on the phone, that any physical violence that ensues as a result is perfectly legal.

• Members

Also, you'll look like a hipster douchebag for using what essentially is an mp3 player with a phone app.

Or maybe you'll look like someone with enough sense to save your money and buy one multi-function device instead of spending money and pocket space on several.

• Members

Oh, the Douchetooth? I'm proposing a law that basically states that if someone's wearing one and is talking while looking right at you, but is actually talking to someone on the phone, that any physical violence that ensues as a result is perfectly legal.

Seriously... I can't tell you how many times someone's walked by me and said "Hello." and I've said, "How's it going?" and they look at me like I'm retarded. Eff them!

• Members

Agreed.

It's the dealbreaker for me and the iPhone. It seems by now that Apple would have opened the iPhone to other carriers.

Love how AT&T got booed at the conference a few days ago when they unveiled the 3G.

I saw TMobile on their screen o' partners.. and I know they have them in the UK.

Tmobile in the US currently supports the iPhone. If you get an unlocked one, the gal at TMobile said they will tech support it no problem. They're just not allowed to sell them.

So it -is- possible to use the iPhone across TMobile's 3G network, you just gotta unlock the thing and unlocked iPhones on Craigslist are going for $550-650. No thanks.

• Members

Or you could just unlock it yourself. For free.

If you know how. I don't have a sim thing. And even if I did, or didn't need one: 3G iPhones w/o AT&T contract are like $400-500 each.

Way more than they're worth (like most of what Apple makes).

I mean they have the audacity to sell $3000+ laptops.

• Members
If you know how. I don't have a sim thing. And even if I did, or didn't need one: 3G iPhones w/o AT&T contract are like $400-500 each.

Way more than they're worth (like most of what Apple makes).

I mean they have the audacity to sell
$3000+ laptops.

I do agree... Crapple products are ridiculously overpriced for what you get.

And by the time you pay for one product, they come out with it's upgrade or a better one. :mad:

• Members

...could be kinda fun to continue the conversation with him on your side forcing him to have two.

I'll let you know how that works out.....

:D

OnTopic - if there is a data only option (even if it's only wifi) I'm in for the new one. It has a larger hard drive than my existing tower. I need a camera (video and still) and don't have a portable music player. I can get VoIP in place of a voice plan. I like that the audio playback spec on it is 20-20K.

I may very well be able to get that from any other gadget/platform at this point though...

• Members
...could be kinda fun to continue the conversation with him on your side forcing him to have two.

I'll let you know how that works out.....

:D

Reminds me of a prank show I used to watch, where they give people a time limit, and if they don't lose their temper while they're being pranked, they get 100 bucks.

One of the pranks involved a cashier at a restaurant taking an order from a customer in line at the store, while simultaneously talking to an imaginary customer on a headset or a telephone.

I think the show was called Boiling Points?

Cashier: Can I take your order?
Line guy: yes, I'll have a....
C: no, not you, i'm on the phone.
L: oh, sorry
C:ok, go ahead.
L: I'll have a large pizza with pepperoni and sausage, with a coke, and....
C: oh, i'm sorry sir, were you saying something? I was on the phone....
C: Ok, NOW I'm ready....
L:..... (remains silent, starting to get pissed)
C: HELLOOOO!!! I SAID I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!!
L: ok, well, then give me a....
C: I'm sorry sir, you're gonna have to wait till i'm done here...

:lol:

• Members

um. that is true of pretty much EVERY cell phone out there. that's how much they actually cost. when you sign a contract that cost is spread out over the 1 or 2 years so you're only paying a fraction up front. it has nothing to do with apple.

I know. My beef isn't with that as much.

I know my phone would be worth a lot more than I paid for it had I not bought it in conjunction with my service.

• Members
You can even use the + to quote posts from a different thread.

If you don't actually post a message after using the +, the next time you do try to post, just under the composition window you'll see the message, "You have selected 1 post that is not part of this thread.
Quote this post as well
, or
deselect this post
."

:idea::)

i am amazed by this!

• Members

Wait until 2010.

"Now introducing the iPhone 6G!!!"

Capacity: 120 GB

Thickness: 1/8"

New iPhone 6G reads your mind!

New iPhone 6G always has full signal! EVEN UNDERWATER!!!

It slices, it dices, it makes julian fries!

It will even brew your coffee in the morning!!!

MSRP: 1600 dollars.

Archived