Blogs

Thunderbroom

• Members

As most of you know I'm in a doctoral program, and as of Friday, I'm starting to write my dissertation. The work I've done over the last year has been leading up to this. As I look forward, I believe that sharing this experience with others that may find it helpful could be a good outlet for me to release some of the frustration that I've experienced thus far and will likely face continually until the conclusion of this process. I can also share the insight that I gain along the journey.

I'm not sure if any of you blog, but what I'm looking for is recommendations for a blog site to host my ramblings. I know there are a ton of sites out there, and there may not be a best one, but I thought I'd ask.

• Members

As most of you know I'm in a doctoral program, and as of Friday, I'm starting to write my dissertation. The work I've done over the last year has been leading up to this. As I look forward, I believe that sharing this experience with others that may find it helpful could be a good outlet for me to release some of the frustration that I've experienced thus far and will likely face continually until the conclusion of this process. I can also share the insight that I gain along the journey.

I'm not sure if any of you blog, but what I'm looking for is recommendations for a blog site to host my ramblings. I know there are a ton of sites out there, and there may not be a
best
one, but I thought I'd ask.

http://wordpress.com/ is probably the best one out there.

• Members

Blogger has always used blogspot.com as the domain name.

Now that Google owns it, you are searchable with relative ease, in theory. ;)

I've seen more professional bloggers argue in favor of a wordpress type blog, but hosted on your own paid server. So that you're not at the mercy of a big blog service that suddenly doesn't like your content and takes it down for violating *their* policy.

But I am not worried about creating income from a blog, so I don't obsess about doing everything to build an audience to make that happen.

I'm lucky to find time to do a blog these days, anyway.

Archived