Things I Learned from Last Night's Gig

venturawest

• Members

Your list aggravates me, and I wasn't even the one playing! Seriously, what is wrong with people.

Get yourself into a band that plays originals, and you won't have to worry about audience hassles any more.

:D

• Members

we're there!

I know the feeling! :cry: We had to go on after a bunch of screamos last Saturday, and the bar basically emptied out after their set. Actually, I'd have taken it as an insult if the screamo fans had stayed to see us. I'd rather play to nobody.

• Members

I know the feeling!

we were playing at our home club last month, and during the second set a couple of trendoids and their lady friends came in and took a a table in front of the stage. right at the beginning of a song that starts out nice, but goes into this KingCrimsony section in 5 in the middle. they didn't stick around to hear how we transitioned out and went back to 4.

excellent.

• Members

we were playing at our home club last month, and during the second set a couple of trendoids and their lady friends came in and took a a table in front of the stage. right at the beginning of a song that starts out nice, but goes into this KingCrimsony section in 5 in the middle. they didn't stick around to hear how we transitioned out and went back to 4.

excellent.

:thu: Yyyyyess!

• Members

What 2 instruments do you play at the same time, OP?

bass, keyboards (frequently simultaneously) and backing vocals. it's work, man.

sorry, i just had no idea who alan jackson was. :facepalm: i'm from places where country music isn't all that popular, and besides, when that kind of music comes on, the dark skinned folks like me usually start running for the hills before the crosses light up.

so naturally, i just started playing "billie jean". :eek:

• Members

bass, keyboards (frequently simultaneously) and backing vocals. it's work, man.

sorry, i just had no idea who alan jackson was.
:facepalm:
i'm from places where country music isn't all that popular, and besides, when that kind of music comes on, the dark skinned folks like me usually start running for the hills before the crosses light up.

so naturally, i just started playing "billie jean".
:eek:

Lol, but yeah man, c'mon! Alan Jackson?? That's almost like saying you don't know who Garth Brooks or George Strait are... (and if not, you might wanna PM me asap so I can fill you in, if you ever want to walk the streets of Houston alone! :D)

• Members

oh yeah - we had back to backs - bourbon street, then a place called 20 below, which was actually a great place to play!

I will check 'em out!

Also I asked my singer about the Sam's Boat rotations. I'll get more details to you once we actually play there, which is a week from this coming Saturday.

• Members

I will check 'em out!

Also I asked my singer about the Sam's Boat rotations. I'll get more details to you once we actually play there, which is a week from this coming Saturday.

damn, i'm going to back to FL that weekend or i'd come see your show.

our drummer said that sam's boat doesn't pay anything more than other places around town?

:confused:

• Members

damn, i'm going to back to FL that weekend or i'd come see your show.

our drummer said that sam's boat doesn't pay anything more than other places around town?

:confused:

Maybe I'm confusing that with another club they used to play; probably.

I'm not sure how much we're getting paid that show, TBH.

Archived