For those who hate self-checkout machines at stores,

der oxenrig

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Bar code scanners have made Wal mart a lot of extra spending money charging twice or more times for the same item. I got charged 3 times for one item and caught it and went back and they gave me money back. I wonder how many don't catch it and get ripped off...

I hate that.

I used Interac at a food court restaurant a few weeks back. I swiped once, entered my code once, got one receipt. A week later I glance at my statement and see I was double charged, there are two distinct charges for the exact same amount, in the same minute. I took the print out to them to try and get my other lunch from them.

The condensed version of the conversation went like this... "This is a week old, we can't look this up to verify it, I'm sorry."

No surprise, but for the sake of 6 California rolls you just lost a customer for life. :wave:

• Members

I can fly through one in world record time. Hate watching stupid people trying to figure them out though.

Couldn't agree more. Then again, people struggle to figure out how to turn on a cell phone when there's an obvious {censored}ing power button. For the most part, those things are a blessing except when you have an idiot trying to use one in front of you.

• Members

The bagging area is never large enough, so if you remove your bags to make room for new items and bags, you're completely {censored}ed. You have to wait forever for a customer service agent to come help you out and most of the time they are rude and pissed off that you decided to spend money in their store and bring a {censored} ton of items through the self checkout. UGH.

They're mostly pissed off as a residual effect of 95% of people who need their help being too retarded to understand how a simple machine works in the first place. I know as I used to sell cell phones, internet and other stuff.

• Members
I hate that.

I used Interac at a food court restaurant a few weeks back. I swiped once, entered my code once, got one receipt. A week later I glance at my statement and see I was double charged, there are two distinct charges for the exact same amount, in the same minute. I took the print out to them to try and get my other lunch from them.

The condensed version of the conversation went like this... "This is a week old, we can't look this up to verify it, I'm sorry."

No surprise, but for the sake of 6 California rolls you just lost a customer for life.
:wave:

I have encountered situations like that where a restauraunt or another store over-charges and/or gives {censored}ty service and the management refuses to do anything. It just {censored}ing baffles me how they don't care about losing a regular customer, especially if it's a Mom and Pop place.

• Members

The clerks watching over our self checkouts are always friendly and now they have a wireless control pad so they don't even have to come to you. They can help several people at once with ID approval, baggage weight sensor errors, etc. I've never had trouble with the technology, just other people that didn't know how to use them or were slow...

• Members

I have encountered situations like that where a restauraunt or another store over-charges and/or gives {censored}ty service and the management refuses to do anything. It just {censored}ing baffles me how they don't care about losing a regular customer, especially if it's a Mom and Pop place.

NEVER go to Miami. Unless you speak Spanish. This one bitch charged us for our meals twice, spacing them out on the receipt. My mom spent a good 20 mins searching for the reason it was so expensive, caught it, took it to the cashier, and she pretended not to speak English. Bitch, you spoke it well enough in the machine to double charge us!

• Members

I've gotta say I'm surprised how many issues people have with these things. I guess they just worked the system out really well before they put it in my store. IMO, with the machines we have, if you're having any huge problems, short of device failure (pinpads, cash dispensers and printers have broken before), it's because you're an idiot. You really have to go out of your way to have a real issue. And we always have a manned till open. It's sheer stupidity to close all of them for the self-checkouts. If any of you ever go to a Sobeys and see that {censored}, tell me so I can go kick their asses :mad:

• Members

NEVER go to Miami. Unless you speak Spanish. This one bitch charged us for our meals twice, spacing them out on the receipt. My mom spent a good 20 mins searching for the reason it was so expensive, caught it, took it to the cashier, and she pretended not to speak English. Bitch, you spoke it well enough in the machine to double charge us!

Dude, don't come to Brampton here in Ontario either. Indian and Pakistani store owners will often pretend 'no English' and play stupid with you. Bull{censored}. I KNOW they speak enough English to understand me and that they aren't dumb.

• Members
I've gotta say I'm surprised how many issues people have with these things. I guess they just worked the system out really well before they put it in my store. IMO, with the machines we have, if you're having any huge problems, short of device failure (pinpads, cash dispensers and printers have broken before), it's because you're an idiot. You really have to go out of your way to have a real issue. And we
always
have a manned till open. It's sheer stupidity to close all of them for the self-checkouts. If any of you ever go to a Sobeys and see that {censored}, tell me so I can go kick their asses
:mad:

:wave: It was a Sobeys.

Archived