Another example of why gun control doesn't work.

philthygeezer

• Members

My cousin killed himself 15 years ago. Shotgun to the face. I've been there dude, and it wasn't the gun's fault, nor the fact that his dad lived on a farm, had guns to kill coyotes, and is a hunter. He was depressed and didn't want to live. If there hadn't been a gun he'd have found another way.

If someone wants to die, they will. If someone wants to kill, they will.

Just as a wife who stands up for herself doesn't turn her otherwise good husband into an abuser, a gun doesn't turn someone suicidal.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, they were
your
posts.

With Geezer, quoting Canadian law to rebut your unsubstantiated claims.

Whatever you say.

At least I cited REAL WORLD examples, in the midst of others referring to 'black markets' and other concepts with NO CITATIONS WHATSOEVER.

You're fooling yourself buddy, but you don't fool me.

PhilthyGeezer has more intellectual honesty in his pinky than you'll ever know, though your education and perhaps IQ is superior.

You would do well to learn from his example.

• Members

PhilthyGeezer has more intellectual honesty in his pinky than you'll ever know, though your education and perhaps IQ is superior.

Interesting, since he and I made the exact same points about gun restrictions in Canada, making mention of the exact same laws, and the exact same reasoning for why your comments weren't applicable..

Yet, in your perception, while we said the same things, he was honest, and I wasn't...

Again, not surprising...

• CMS Author

Whatever you say.

At least I cited REAL WORLD examples, in the midst of others referring to 'black markets' and other concepts with NO CITATIONS WHATSOEVER.

You're fooling yourself buddy, but you don't fool me.

Your REAL WORLD examples showed nothing more than people motivated to be violent and doing so. Making guns more difficult to purchase legally only makes it difficult for law abiding people to purchase guns. It will do NOTHING to make purchasing guns illegally more difficult. People are remarkably resourceful when it comes to doing harm to themselves or others.

You're thrashing around and lashing out at people who are being reasonable and rational, and it's because you have an emotional tie to the issue. You aren't capable of discussing this dispassionately and are proving that moreso with every post. It might be time to step away.