cool things on 9/23

Bassius

• Members

so i'm bored waiting for bass students to show up....

i did a little research and found neat things that have occurred throughout history on my birthday...

take a look:

1845 The Knickerbockers Baseball Club, the first baseball team to play under the modern rules, is founded in New York.

1846 Discovery of Neptune by French astronomer Urbain Jean Joseph Le Verrier and British astronomer John Couch Adams; verified by German astronomer Johann Gottfried Galle.

1848 First commercial production of chewing gum by John Curtis on a stove at his home in Bangor, Maine in the United States and marketed as 'The State of Maine Pure Spruce Gum'.

1862 Lincoln's Emancipation is published in Northern Newspapers

1889 Nintendo Koppai (Later Nintendo Company, Limited) founded by Fusajiro Yamauchi to produce and market the playing card game Hanafuda. **THIS IS AWESOME! i share a b-day with nintendo...**geek, geek**

1912 The first ever silent 'Keystone Cops' film released

1920 Mickey Rooney was born

1926 John Coltrane was born

1930 Ray Charles was born

1941 The first gas murder experiments are conducted at Auschwitz. *that sucks*

1949 Bruce Springsteen was born

1952 First closed circuit pay-TV telecast of a sports event

1962 ABC's first color TV series-The Jetsons

1962 Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City opens with the first building completed, Philharmonic Hall (now Avery Fisher Hall) home of the New York Philharmonic.

1967 Harry Connick Jr was born

1976 I was born :)

1980 Bob Marley's last concert.

1990 PBS begins an 11 hour miniseries on The Civil War

2002 The first public version of the web browser Mozilla Firefox ("Phoenix 0.1") is released.

neat stuff...

Archived