Impromptu; Portlanders/Oregonians/Seattleites - a GTG

knuckle_head

• Members

I know y'all just did this - and I tried like hell to make it - but there is a Gorge gathering if anyone is interested and free to anyone willing to travel;

Sunday Sept. 27th at the River City Saloon. The event will run 1-5 PM, and is 21-and-over only. The River City Saloon is one block off I-84, and Hood River is an hour's drive from downtown Portland - 3.5-ish from Seattle.

I've arranged a ride and hope to be there with two basses.

The event was a TB brain child, FWIW, but it sounds like it will be well attended. The gear that is supposed to be there (my own not withstanding) ought to be worth the trip.

• Members

I'd like to go if possible hope I have a car buy then but if not mabe someone could give me a lift:poke:. HEY Thumper or anyone else in the PDX area if your going and have room for one more let me know.

I gotta check and see what time Mrs. Thumper is flying back in from Atlanta. If I do go, figure leaving @ noon-ish. I'll let you know whether I go or not.

• Members

Yeah, anybody interested in carpooling? (Not in my car, of course. I barely even fit a bass in the trunk
:D
)

Meet me at my place @ noon. We'll drive over and pick up Jannda. Old Blue will seat four,with a bit of room in the back for some gear.

I'm looking at bringing the Thumperbird, and the MIJ fretless A/E P.

• Members

Meet me at my place @ noon. We'll drive over and pick up Jannda. Old Blue will seat four,with a bit of room in the back for some gear.

I'm looking at bringing the Thumperbird, and the MIJ fretless A/E P.

OK - I'll have to let you know as it gets closer. I may have studying to do.

• Members

I'll be heading up there with a TB buddy... Yeah, I can make the ones that are way the hell-and-gone but can't seem to get to the doings in my own back yard! Won't be bringing any of my own gear... Kind of like bringing meat-n-potatoes to a gourmet meal!

-robert

• Members

I'll be heading up there with a TB buddy... Yeah, I can make the ones that are way the hell-and-gone but can't seem to get to the doings in my own back yard! Won't be bringing any of my own gear... Kind of like bringing meat-n-potatoes to a gourmet meal!

-robert

What time are you headed out?

• Members

Fine. I'll just go by myself. :mad:

:D

I'm looking at making a day of it. I'll take Highway 26 east to Government Camp, pick up Highway 35 and head north through the Hood River Valley. It's harvest season and many of the valley farms run markets on the weekend.

I'll pick up a Jeep-load of onions, taters, apples, pears etc, have lunch at the Elliott Glacier Brewpub in Parkdale, then head on the the meet.

:wave:

• Members

What time are you headed out?

I'm leaving Newberg around noon, picking up my buddy Mark in Tigard around noon-thirty... he likes to be 'fashionably late'... I only have room in my car for one passenger, but I can get you to Thumper's place...

Lemme know...

-robert

• Members

I'm leaving Newberg around noon, picking up my buddy Mark in Tigard around noon-thirty... he likes to be 'fashionably late'... I only have room in my car for one passenger, but I can get you to Thumper's place...

Lemme know...

-robert

Thanks for the offer, but I've decided to stick around here and be studious. Hope you all have fun though. :thu:

• Members

TB1.jpg

The TB Crew

TB2.jpg

Basses

TB3.jpg

More basses

TBWal.jpg

Wal

TBDingwall.jpg

Dingwall

TBThumperbird.jpg

Thumperbird

TBRobert.jpg

Robert/rllefebv

TBThumper.jpg

Yours truly

TBLuthiers.jpg

Three luthiers. Left to right: Lee Barker, Mark Knowlton, and our very own Knucklehead, who is as cool in person as he is online. :thu:

I couldn't stay long, as I had to pick up Mrs. Thumper at the PDX airport, but it was fun while it lasted. The TB folks are all pretty cool.

Maybe we can do a joint meet in Spring...

Archived