How 'bout them Ravens?

der oxenrig

• Members

Defense hasn't looked quite as strong as in the past, but what a great tackle by Ray Lewis to end the game.

Good to see them with a quarterback who actually manages to inspire some confidence in his team and fans.

I'd had more than enough of seeing Boller force his receivers to break stride or reach behind them for a pass, and Steve McNair (RIP), while good, was clearly a stop-gap measure until they could get a real QB. Boller getting hurt and Smith getting sick in last year's pre-season eliminated any QB controversy and put Flacco in the position, where he's done well so far.

• Members

...the Ravens do look quite good, but it'll be interesting to see how they fare against the rest of the AFC

Indeed, it will.

After losing three tough and close games to the Steelers last year, I really want to see the Ravens defeat them soundly in every meeting this season.

• Members

Awesome. My dad's the midnight shift police commander for the southern district, including Curtis by-the-Bay.
:cop:

Can I call him the next time their helicopter is circling the neighborhood, so I can find out what's going on?

BTW - Curtis Bay is sufficient on its own. "Curtis-on-the-Bay" or "Curtis-by-the-Bay" are terms used by real estate types (I omitted the insulting adjectives), not residents of the area.

Archived