THAT'S NOT A BASS!!!!

john turner

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How often do you play both basses in one song?

The woodwork on the front is {censored}ing beautiful!

thanks. i used it when we would play some of our longer songs live - on our myspace the first 4 tracks would ideally be played in a row. i'd swap numerous times back and forth between fretted and fretless. also, the tracks 7,8,9 are all really one song, which i play mostly fretted but do 4 distorted solos in on the fretless.

• Members

What if you attached a stand to it and played it like an electric upright?

the pbass, or the doubleneck?

bill conklin made a really cool stand for the doubleneck, where it would latch onto the stand via the straplocks, and the stand held it high enough to play it.

of course, i like wearing it, so it's really not an issue, but the stand was neato.

• Members

the pbass, or the doubleneck?

bill conklin made a really cool stand for the doubleneck, where it would latch onto the stand via the straplocks, and the stand held it high enough to play it.

of course, i like wearing it, so it's really not an issue, but the stand was neato.

Do you use a conventional strap or one of those harness style ones to split the load around?

• Members

Do you use a conventional strap or one of those harness style ones to split the load around?

i have a padded gibson leather strap i use, it's actually very nice, comfy and pretty solid. never given me any trouble since i got the bass in '97.

usually i use belt leather for my straps, just get a 3" wide blank and cut it and dye it myself, although i do have comfort straps for my 8 strings. meh, they're ok, but not necessary.

• Members
Only B?

Pssshhhh.....

;)

heh. yeah, i know. even at the time i was thinking probably low f#. i will probably eventually migrate it down a string. with each neck being 28 fret, i wouldn't have a problem transposing what i play on it up a few frets, really.

• Members
I have a vision of standing up to play it, then sitting down and knocking ones self out accidentally. Beyond that, it's crazy looking and that clip you posted is really good.

Clearly it's been played well.
:thu:

thank you very much, and yeah, the upper horn looks to be just a cute design, but i actually intended it for a chin rest, for just such occasions :cool: (not really :D).

Archived