cant find a drawing of how to set this up?

0175westwood29

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless your 6-Pro has independent channels that can run simultaneously, you'll need another power amp, methinks. Unless you want to run your "clean" signal strictly through a DI, then you could run your FX through your current 6-Pro/HLF setup? That's how a lot of people do it. Just put a splitter before the DI and amp.

• Members

Unless your 6-Pro has independent channels that can run simultaneously, you'll need another power amp, methinks. Unless you want to run your "clean" signal strictly through a DI, then you could run your FX through your current 6-Pro/HLF setup? That's how a lot of people do it. Just put a splitter before the DI and amp.

hey RSB!

no my pro-6 doesnt have that in it, so im gonna need to get another amp to drive the 210 cab.

ive been looking on the net all day to find out what i need for this and i think this is basically what ill need, ive done a drawing so that its in my head.

newrig.jpg

andy

• Members

Yup!

Instead of a head+another cab, how about a 210 combo or something along those lines? I think it would be cheaper and easier to transport if that's what the rig was solely intended to do?

Over there you could probably score a decent Ashdown 210 combo or something along those lines.

• Members

(in)Correct.

Fixed.

An A/B box is not the solution, it will shut off 610's and turn on 210's when it does.

If you want your effects cab running all the time, you need a splitter.

If you want your effects cab running only when you use effects, you need a splitter and an A/B box to activate one side only, the B side is empty, causing your rig to "shut off" when activated.

If you do this, you will experience differences in volume when you kick in the effects cab. The solution is to turn off and on your effects that go to the effects cab, but it runs all the time no matter what. A looper will help facilitate this.

I've done virtually every variation of the concept in my career, I've even utilized a 16 channel mixer to blend effects at one point. A wet/dry blend of effects is the cornerstone of my tone.

• Members

True.

A splitter or looper (A/B/Y) with adjustable levels would be ideal here. I've always had a problem with FX being too quiet or loud when trying to separate lines and never bothered fixing the problem, lol. Another reason I don't use them anymore... :lol:

• Members

Fixed.

An A/B box is not the solution, it will shut off 610's and turn on 210's when it does.

If you want your effects cab running all the time, you need a splitter.

If you want your effects cab running only when you use effects, you need a splitter and an A/B box to activate one side only, the B side is empty, causing your rig to "shut off" when activated.

If you do this, you will experience differences in volume when you kick in the effects cab. The solution is to turn off and on your effects that go to the effects cab, but it runs all the time no matter what. A looper will help facilitate this.

I've done virtually every variation of the concept in my career, I've even utilized a 16 channel mixer to blend effects at one point. A wet/dry blend of effects is the cornerstone of my tone.

thinking about it i wrote the A/b wrong i ment an a/b/y i think, where you can turn the a channel on/off and the b on/off or have them both on.

andy

• Members

thinking about it i wrote the A/b wrong i ment an a/b/y i think, where you can turn the a channel on/off and the b on/off or have them both on.

andy

This is better. An A/B/Y will cover things as well, but IME is also not the ideal solution, which is why I made some other suggestions based on personal experience.

• Members

This is better. An A/B/Y will cover things as well, but IME is also not the ideal solution, which is why I made some other suggestions based on personal experience.

i kinda get what you mean? basically have one of the swtiches channels turning the effects on and of but leaving the 210 running.

i'd be looking for a bit of increase when i kicked in the effects, and id probs have a small part of it running all the time. to add grit this way my bass could be really clean thru my 610.

andy

• Members

i kinda get what you mean? basically have one of the swtiches channels turning the effects on and of but leaving the 210 running.

i'd be looking for a bit of increase when i kicked in the effects, and id probs have a small part of it running all the time. to add grit this way my bass could be really clean thru my 610.

andy

You sir, need a looper. The Boss LS-2 would probably be ideal. Two switchable loops with level control so they can be set louder than the off position.

• Members

Yup!

Instead of a head+another cab, how about a 210 combo or something along those lines? I think it would be cheaper and easier to transport if that's what the rig was solely intended to do?

Over there you could probably score a decent Ashdown 210 combo or something along those lines.

im still open to this idea, one of the videos ive seen the bassist has a redhead combo and a full mesa dual rectifier rig! as well as a 8 x 8 swr rig! sounds sick!

i dnt wanna go that far but having a bit of dirt behind my normal tone would be awesome!

andy

• Members

You sir, need a looper. The Boss LS-2 would probably be ideal. Two switchable loops with level control so they can be set louder than the off position.

The only downfall of the LS-2 that I came across is you have to cycle through to get your changes, but depending on what he wants to do it may still work. I had to set everything up in one chain when I had it, b/c you can't do A/off or B/off without multiple taps.

GM made me a kickass looper w/ individual "volume" adjustments, A switch, B switch, and master off.

• Members

im still open to this idea, one of the videos ive seen the bassist has a redhead combo and a full mesa dual rectifier rig! as well as a 8 x 8 swr rig! sounds sick!

i dnt wanna go that far but having a bit of dirt behind my normal tone would be awesome!

andy

Haha I believe that's Amy of Clatter. She's exactly who I was thinking of when I recommended the combo approach!

• Members

Haha I believe that's Amy of Clatter. She's exactly who I was thinking of when I recommended the combo approach!

got it in one dude!

if that combo wasn't 1600 quid id be tempted! same goes for the 3 grand mesa rig :)

but i love that tone! when everythings in! and in my band that would just fill out the sound! also it would allow me to run my amp with less gain, so i'd cut thru our guitars really well but still have some dirt.

ok a bit more gear to carry around but tbh the tone would be so good i can deal with that!

andy

• Members

I really like my MXR M80 for this - it's got a clean out and a distortion out. One to one cab, one to the other.

That said, if you have a guitar amp, the suggestion on Talkbass to use one of those for distortion is a good one, as long as you high pass the signal so you're not fragging your guitar speaker.

• Members

I really like my MXR M80 for this - it's got a clean out and a distortion out. One to one cab, one to the other.

That said, if you have a guitar amp, the suggestion on Talkbass to use one of those for distortion is a good one, as long as you high pass the signal so you're not fragging your guitar speaker.

intresting! this as oppose to a ab box

andy

• Members

If the Mesa onboard dist/OD wasn't so good, I'd probably be running a Rectifier combo for my drive/bite.

Archived