Graduate school....

ec437

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
My degree isn't in anything resembling a useful field, but my corporate experience and the word "Oxford" have gotten me unsolicited offers from more than one company.

And I suspect you'd have the same experience had you attended Harvard, Brown or Princeton. But again, I think it matters most for the first job that someone gets out of college. After that, it's nice window dressing, but, in most cases, actual performance is weighted more heavily.

• Members
If you say so.
:D

Like I said, I'll be surprised if you do (but it's a good idea anyway).

Also, are you planning a Masters (MA, MLitt., MSt., whatever) in Economics or an MBA? European MBAs aren't always the same thing as is expected in the US.

I betcha I could:wave:

I'm looking at MA's or MSc's in economics or similar fields.

• Members
I never said it wouldn't
:confused:

Sorry, it was the whole "American employers wet themselves over most European degrees." thing that confused me. I still haven't heard which employers wet themselves when someone walks through the door with a degree from an average undergrad degree from the EU....unless by "American", you were referring to employers in Mexico or Bolivia. :poke:

• Members
You said "most European degrees", not most post grad degrees from EU schools.
:p

The poster is talking about grad school. The only type of degree being discussed in the thread are grad degrees. The post that I quoted and to which I replied specifically mentioned grad degrees. The degree I mentioned getting myself is a grad degree.

Just because someone uses the word "cock" doesn't mean they're talking about Roosters; context is your friend :p

• Members
The poster is talking about grad school. The only type of degree being discussed in the thread are grad degrees. The post that I quoted and to which I replied specifically mentioned grad degrees. The degree I mentioned getting myself is a grad degree.

Just because someone uses the word "cock" doesn't mean they're talking about Roosters; context is your friend
:p

Quit being such a cock.

• Members

Prague used to be cheap, it's more expensive now. Budapest is the new Prague.

Loved Oxford. Would have stayed on to do my D.Phil there if the expense hadn't been so great and I hadn't specifically wanted to work with my advisor.

huh huh.. you want to do Dr. Phil.

Archived