WOT: Smart Phones and Phone Plans

chubrocker

• Members

I'm in the dark ages--on purpose. But, I've gotten to the point where I need to do texting (I work with college students who text only--they don't use email) and maybe have mobile internet access. I have just a standard phone right now--which is a PITA for texting. I can live without internet, but need unlimited texting. I also need a cheap family plan. My wife can prolly keep her phone, but I'll need a smart phone. The iPhone looks cool--but pricey (I'm cheap).

What phones do you ya'll have and what do you pay--and with whom (Spring, Verizon, etc.)???

• Members

I think you'll get the most bang-for-your-buck with a Sprint plan.

My wife/kids have a 1500 minute shared plan with unlimited texting (no internet) for three phones. The bill runs $120 per month after taxes.

I have an iPhone with their base plan (450 minute w/rollover), unlimited data and unlimited data. My bill is $88 monthly.

• Members

I think you'll get the most bang-for-your-buck with a Sprint plan.

My wife/kids have a 1500 minute shared plan with unlimited texting (no internet) for three phones. The bill runs $120 per month after taxes.

I have an iPhone with their base plan (450 minute w/rollover), unlimited data and unlimited data. My bill is $88 monthly.

???? you have an iPhone with sprint?

• Members

FYI - I was getting ready to upgrade my BB to one that has Wifi and a friend showed me something neat...

If I go to AT&T, Verizon, etc. I have to pay $299 and get a $100 mail in rebate for my upgrade, even with a 2 year contract extension...

But I can go to the Walmart website and get teh same phones for free. One I wanted is $110 but they give you a $100 WalMart gift card. Another one I looked at is free with a $100 Gift card. You get PAID to get a new phone!!!!

From month to month the offers change... At one point they even included a 4GB memory card for the BB!!!

• Members

I've been looking into this as well, and if I stick with Verizon and get a smartphone I'd be paying 120 pre-tax for 3 lines that would have unlimited data/texting.

Depending on how much you text/use the net it may be smarter to go with something that is not unlimited.

Archived