Fender

mynameis

• Members

I bought the TV Ten and really like it. Nice warm and punchy tone, looks cool and it gets LOUD. It is the smallest of the bunch and all I will need.

Yesterday I saw the TV Twelve and the TV Fifteen, the latter is HUGE! Both look cool.

Not sure about an external cab, I think not. These things are configured to put out the full 150 watts or 350 watts at 4 ohms through the combo.

• Members

they "look" the goods - love that retro look... it's a shame about no external cab though... have to go out & find one in a shop to try out

I have a peavey classic 30 guitar amp that looks very similar, has the tweed covering, and similar stainless face, chicken head knobs & "on" light

• Members

they "look" the goods - love that retro look... it's a shame about no external cab though... have to go out & find one in a shop to try out

I have a peavey classic 30 guitar amp that looks very similar, has the tweed covering, and similar stainless face, chicken head knobs & "on" light

Peavey? Please.

• Members

I know it's a peavey, but they do look similar - don't they?? just imagine the big "peavey" badge removed.

from the looks of the fender website, the pot knobs are virtually the same as my peavey too

peavey-classic30.jpg

fender-bassman-tv-twelve-bass-valve-amp-

and the classic 30 is ok - I play it with either a 66 re-issue jaguar or a 79 strat & they both rock out on it - it's quite loud & rich sounding for a small sized combo)

anyway, the fender has a solid state power section, and peavey is all valve... but I've been looking for a nice sounding, small bass combo, & these new fenders "look" good - haven't heard one yet though... but love the style...

• Members

I know it's a peavey, but they do look similar - don't they?? just imagine the big "peavey" badge removed.

from the looks of the fender website, the pot knobs are virtually the same as my peavey too

and the classic 30 is ok - I play it with either a 66 re-issue jaguar or a 79 strat & they both rock out on it - it's quite loud & rich sounding for a small sized combo)

anyway, the fender has a solid state power section, and peavey is all valve... but I've been looking for a nice sounding, small bass combo, & these new fenders "look" good - haven't heard one yet though... but love the style...

He was just giving you a hard time because well, hes Rob Martinez.

I love those Peavey Classics and agree they do look similar. But as Dan says, you can do better for the money. I'd look at the Ampeg B-200r second hand. Great aesthetics, good tone, build quality (the American made ones) and such. :thu:

• Members

He was just giving you a hard time because well, hes Rob Martinez.

I love those Peavey Classics and agree they do look similar. But as Dan says, you can do better for the money. I'd look at the Ampeg B-200r second hand. Great aesthetics, good tone, build quality (the American made ones) and such.
:thu:

I sure am! Also because the Fender TV Ten is a great amp that I would not trade for a Peavey. But that's just me. Also, to my ears, these amps sound different from the run of the mill Fender bass combos. I've tried those, and never liked them. I like these. But they won't be for everyone. If you're not into great sounding and looking easy to use bass combos, you won't want a Fender TV Series.

FTR, that Peavey does look cool!:thu:

• Members

peavey-classic30.jpg

fender-bassman-tv-twelve-bass-valve-amp-

peavey-delta-blues-115.jpg

• Members

I checked out the 15 at Samash not too long ago. ridiculously huge and heavy for what it is.

Basically you're paying a shedload for cosmetics.

Yeah, I also saw the big Fender TV combo, huge! Not sure how to maneauver that one.

I'm glad I got the small TV Ten, it's easy to carry!:thu:

Archived