Does the history channel actually have shows about history

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

They have passed the history curve, all of them.

Conjecture rules the day.

I love the shows, love the format, and wish for more depth.

I'm damn glad shows like "SHAZAM!!" prepared me for this day.

Thank you Network TV.

We are there, dude.

• Members

I know right? :(

History used to be so awesome. I like a lot of their current shows as well, but it's not just pure history footage and documentary, which was what was so cool about it in the past. Then again MTV doesn't show music anymore, so eh. :p

• Members

It used to be the WWII channel. I recall seeing bits of a show on Egypt and I thought... hmmm, Egypt on the WWII channel!? Oh! Maybe it's on Egypt's involvement in WWII!

But... eh. The wife and I cut out cable t.v. a couple years ago or so. Nothing to worry about. Although I do miss watching Good Eats and maybe a couple other things, but that's about it.

• Members

I was watching/had it on in the background for 3 hours last night, I didn't see one damn bit of useful history. Started off with some post apocalyptic survival how-to show, then straight into end of the world crap for 2 hours, interrupted every 15 minutes with a pawn shop show commercial (which why the hell is that on the history channel, there is nothing remotely involved with history, billy-bob hawked his late wifes wedding ring to support his meth habit, but this was predicted by Nostradaumos [sp], so the world is ending in 2060)

I love shows like Modern Marvels, How it's Made, and that type that still comes on History, Discover, etc...

Yeah same here for the most part.

Archived