Renfield....

bassthumpintwin

• Members

@ 1:45, is Sid Haig talking about YOU?
:eek:

:D

It's difficult to say exactly, but probably not. I was actually at the show that they interviewed him at, but due to scheduling conflicts I wasn't able to see him personally to show it off.

When I met him, the tattoo wasn't yet in, it was scheduled for a few weeks later or so. I knew where it was going and what it was, so I had him autograph a specific spot on me, but he didnt actually see the tattoo of himself at that time. He saw the tattoo of the autograph as it was done that same afternoon a few booths down from where he was, but that was it.

I really need to send him a pic tho, I've got his personal contact info but just never think to do it. As you know, it's long been done now. For that matter, I need to send Kyra Schon my tattoo pic of her as well.

• Members

I just can't like that one. I don't know why.
:facepalm:

Maybe because you're a chick and a good part of the movie deals with emotional abusing and objectifying women? :idk:

It's not a horror movie, it's a 70's style pulp road/chase movie. I think it has more in common with Death Proof than Ho1kC.

• Members

Devils Rejects. One of my favs of his.

Watched that online yesterday...

Definitely my favorite Rob Zombie film so far. While I thought that 1000 corpses was funnier, I though DR was a little more realistic. It also had several comedic moments.

I will say, it did have a scene or two that were a little rough to watch, but overall, I thought it was a good flick.

I had mixed feelings on the ending. While Freebird is a kick@$$ song, I almost wanted them to get away. :D

• Members

Watched that online yesterday...

Definitely my favorite Rob Zombie film so far. While I thought that 1000 corpses was funnier, I though DR was a little more realistic. It also had several comedic moments.

I will say, it did have a scene or two that were a little rough to watch, but overall, I thought it was a good flick.

I had mixed feelings on the ending. While Freebird is a kick@$$ song, I almost wanted them to get away.

I couldn't even make it to the end. :facepalm:

Does Zombie make them cheezy on purpose, or is he really trying to make legitimate films? If he's going the cheese/cult angle, then consider him successful.

• Members

I couldn't even make it to the end.

Does Zombie make them cheezy on purpose, or is he really trying to make legitimate films? If he's going the cheese/cult angle, then consider him successful.

Yes, he does. He's a huge winner in your book. Think of him like Tarantino... trying really hard to recreate the magic in films that inspired him. Modern day versions of older, sub-genre, pulp films.

• Members

That's what I meant previosuly with the "chick" remark. I can see how it makes some ladies uncomfortable to watch. The remake of Hills Have Eyes had one or two of those moments too.

I had mixed feelings on the ending. While Freebird is a kick@$$ song, I almost wanted them to get away.

Me too. When the camera first showed the squad of police, I swear I got misty eyed, perfect song for that moment. I knew they were all dying, and it one hell of a blaze of glory. It was the best ending possible for their story. I loved those two movies, and knowing there will never be a part 3 makes me like them even more.

In honour of this thread, I am wearing my RZ shirt to work tomorrow (boss is away, so I can).

It's all black with giant green letters that reads "ROB ZOMBIE CHANGED MY LIFE." :thu:

• Members

I have been watching old 80's TV shows for the last couple of weeks (since I joined netflix) and recognized Sid from an early episode of the A-team from 1983...
:lol:

Had to look it up on IMDB to see if it was really him... It is.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504151/

Yup, that's him. He also was in the original Star Trek and some old mob shows too. He's done some pretty cool {censored} for a virtual nobody.

Rob chose him because of his 70's work in some shows/movies. Most all of his castings are picked because they had some previous role that he really dug and wanted that same person in his movie.

Bill Mosely, Karen Black, Sid Haig, Ken Foree, Irwin Keyes, Michael Berryman... the list goes on.

EDIT: HA!! And I've met that entire list, and then some, from his movies. I really am a horror geek. :lol:

• Members

I couldn't even make it to the end.

Call me crazy, but for some reason I quite enjoy the "corny" or "cheezy" movies. Especially the horror/gore flicks.

For instance, I was watching part of "Creatures the World Forgot", which is some super corny 70's flick set in prehistoric times, and I was being thoroughly entertained. Meanwhile, my wife was like "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Turn this off please." :D

Take Mystery Science Theater 3000 for example. A few of the movies they showed, and consequently made fun of, I had actually seen already, and enjoyed. :poke:

• Members

Call me crazy, but for some reason I quite enjoy the "corny" or "cheezy" movies. Especially the horror/gore flicks.

For instance, I was watching part of "Creatures the World Forgot", which is some super corny 70's flick set in prehistoric times, and I was being thoroughly entertained. Meanwhile, my wife was like "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Turn this off please."

Take Mystery Science Theater 3000 for example. A few of the movies they showed, and consequently made fun of, I had actually seen already, and enjoyed. :poke:

If I'm ever in the middle of No Where, we're going to a drive-in together. :thu:

I make no promises of getting fresh though.... ok, yes I do. :love:

• Members

If I'm ever in the middle of No Where, we're going to a drive-in together.
:thu:

I make no promises of getting fresh though.... ok, yes I do.
:love:

It's a dat.... er... I mean... uh.....:poke:

There is one drive in theater a few miles from here, but they're closed for more than half the year, and when they're open, they show mostly new movies. :bor:

If all else fails, there's always the big screen TV hooked up to my laptop...:p

Archived