Critique part of my resum

ec437

• Members

Responsible to provide professional-quality photo services to various departments of the university and its student government. Also responsible to ensure communication between various departments and maintenance and upgrades of equipment.

might i suggest:

Responsible to provide professional photo services to various departments of the university, including its student government. Ensures communication between multiple departments. Maintains and upgrades equipment.

Main duties include directing, planning, instructing and assisting in classes of international graduate and undergraduate students as they improve their English in order to pursue MBA and BA degrees in the United States. Also provide specialized assistance to those studying accounting.

Main duties include directing, planning, instructing and assisting in English classes for international students in the undergraduate and graduate programs for ESL. Secondary duties include assisting in specialized accounting instruction.

That's just an idea, without seeing the overall "voice" of the resum

• Members

might i suggest:

Responsible to provide professional photo services to various departments of the university, including its student government. Ensures communication between multiple departments. Maintains and upgrades equipment.

Main duties include directing, planning, instructing and assisting in English classes for international students in the undergraduate and graduate programs for ESL. Secondary duties include assisting in specialized accounting instruction.

That's just an idea, without seeing the overall "voice" of the resum

• Members

Great, thanks. There's one more previous employment summary on there:

ok check this out

Main duties included assisting with management of information, materials, and material flow through warehouse and office. Inventory under management over $1 million. Responsible for crucial database maintenance to ensure availability of materials and accurate accounting measurements. Recommended several company-wide improvements to maximize efficiency. All were implemented and successful.

ergo

Main duties included assisting with info-management, materials, and office/warehouse flow-through with inventories over $1 million. Was also responsible for crucial database maintenance that ensured accurate accounting and inventory measurements. Successfully implemented several company-wide upgrades to maximize efficiency.

• Members

ok check this out

ergo

Main duties included assisting with info-management, materials, and office/warehouse flow-through with inventories over $1 million. Was also responsible for crucial database maintenance that ensured accurate accounting and inventory measurements. Successfully implemented several company-wide upgrades to maximize efficiency.

Hmm. OK. Although, I didn't implement the changes per se, I just recommended them as I was leaving the job. My boss (the VP) implemented them after I left and told me later that they were a great success and they promoted him because of it :lol:

• Members

Hmm. OK. Although, I didn't implement the changes per se, I just recommended them as I was leaving the job. My boss (the VP) implemented them after I left and told me later that they were a great success and they promoted him because of it
:lol:

hah...

well....the grey areas of resum

• Members

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/resume

It's what I've been taught, at least. And since we took it from the French, we undoubtedly screwed up the pronunciation.

It's likely that it's pronunciation has been changed, and being from a bi-lingual (french/english) country certainly doesn't make me an expert.

That link has a button on it that plays the word audibly, I can't listen ATM (speakers aren't connected just yet, new PC) but give it a listen and let me know which is correct. I'm curious now, not that it will likely change how I say it if wrong. :lol:

• Members

That link has a button on it that plays the word audibly, I can't listen ATM (speakers aren't connected just yet, new PC) but give it a listen and let me know which is correct. I'm curious now, not that it will likely change how I say it if wrong.
:lol:

Rez-oo-may is how m-w.com pronounces it with their little audio tool.

Archived