My band was featured on WGN Radio!

MingusBass

• Members

Two weeks ago my band, The Bergamot played a couple gigs in Chicago and at one of the gigs there was a rep from WGN Radio Chicago. He dug the band and asked if we would be interested in playing a tune and to be interviewed on the Greg Jarrett morning show. We of course jumped at the chance and it was an awesome experience. Greg and the crew were very enthusiastic about the band and people were gathering outside Michigan Ave to have a listen. We've received dozens of e-mails from all over the US and WGN put a link to our interview and performance on their site. I used my trusty Black Cherry Burst EBMM SR5 HH.

While playing on the show was great, the highlight for me was meeting Orion Samuelson, a true radio legend. He has been with WGN for 49 years! Three years into his time at WGN he announced JFK's assassination on air for the first time. Crazy huge voice!

You can check out the interview/tune at the following link:

Greg Jarrett Uncut 02-05-10 - WGN Radio

If you would like to learn more about the band go to Home

Our music video to You+Me:

Last but not least, an early version of our song Railroad that will be on our soon to be released EP, SMILE: Railroad by MingusBass | iCompositions - Music

Archived