Seeking basic advice to buy my first bass guitar

Li Shenron

• Members

Play a lot of basses, and get the one that you enjoy playing, screw the price...

Well, the problem is that I'm heading for the screw-me fork: if I screw the price and pay 600e, I probably won't screw my wife for a while.

Or, I suppose I can just lie to her :rolleyes:

However I noticed there are lots of Ibanez Soundgear on Thomann.de, some of which are down to ~250e. They must obviously have something less than the >600e, but if they feel just as good in hands as the one I tried, then I'm sold.

• Members
Well, the problem is that I'm heading for the screw-me fork: if I screw the price and pay 600e, I probably won't screw my wife for a while.

Or, I suppose I can just lie to her
:rolleyes:

No, just tell her all the cool wives are letting their husbands spend that much on a bass. :D

• Members

However I noticed there are lots of Ibanez Soundgear on Thomann.de, some of which are down to ~250e. They must obviously have something less than the >600e, but if they feel just as good in hands as the one I tried, then I'm sold.

Well, what I meant by that was don't buy a bass just cause it's expensive, and think it's gonna be the one.

• Members

They all feel about the same. :thu:

• Members

Ok! :thu:

BTW, these are for instance other Ibanez Soundgear, price around 250e. They are 2 frets shorter, and clearly have different pick-ups.

240928.jpg147685.jpg108831.jpg

The details:

IBANEZ GSR200EX-GSF

Ibanez GSR200EX-GSF bass guitar, nato body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, scale lenght 34", 2 x PPD4 Power dual coil pickups, black hardware, FATII EQ, B10 bridge, 19mm string spacing, includes gig bag and strap, colour: green shadow flat

IBANEZ GSR200BK

Ibanez GSR200BK bass guitar - GIO by Ibanez, agathis body, 2 pickups (J + P style), active electronics, chrome hardware, includes gig bag and strap. Colour: Black

IBANEZ GSR200-PW

Ibanez GSR200-PW GIO electric bass - agathis body, 1x Jazz style and 1x Precision style pick-ups, active electronics, chrome hardware, includes gig bag and strap. Colour: Pearl White.

• Members

Those are like Squiers compared to US fender's -when compared to the Ibanez you played.

Bite the bullet and get the one you liked. The reason: Because you KNOW it will play well and work for you for years to come. If you are any type of regular gassing guitarist, you will replace the one that isn't quite up to par and be out more in the long run anyway. My wife told me this same thing...get the one that you know is GOOD. That way you don't loose more money in upgrading all the time. Especially since you have played guitar so long, this stringed instrument won't take long to adapt to, and when you do, you will demand the same level of playability that you do of your guitars.

The extra three dials are an active EQ section, with the switch to take them out of the circuit.

Archived