Playing more then ever and loving every minute of it.

MTMTEX

• Members

All of a sudden I find myself involved in 3 really good projects and having the time of my life. !st is a classic cover band playing all the standards. Yeah sometimes it gets a little monotonous but its a 3 piece so our take home makes it worth it. And we get a great reception everywhere we play. 2nd is an alternative cover band playing things like Social D, Cake, Weezer, etc. Just starting this one up but its a hell of a lot of fun and we are booked for a party next month and the rumor is some guy named Terry Bozzio might be there and the drummer from the Toadies. 3rd is a Christian band called Crosswind. I must confess i am not much of a church goer and have mixed feelings about organized religion but the musicians are top rate, the songs really well done. We have 2 showcases booked for SXSW here in Austin next month and have been contacted about possibly auditioning for Americas got Talent. Oh and then there is running sound for a local lake hangout for some of the best local talent in the Austin area. I have never been so busy and at the same time so happy with my musical indeavors. Just thought I would share.

• Members

Sounds way cool. Myself, I would have to duck the Christian thing, I think the lightning strikes would drive people away.........
:lol:

We actually are playing next Sunday in a Church with a full choir backing us. While I think it will be one of the coolest things I have ever done I am concerned that if they run a back ground check I might not be able to get in.

• Members

We actually are playing next Sunday in a Church with a full choir backing us. While I think it will be one of the coolest things I have ever done I am concerned that if they run a back ground check I might not be able to get in.

You'll be fine. Remember, church is supposed to be about forgiveness.

Church gigs rule. Steady audience, people that love to sing along, appreciative crowd, varied age groups... they're the best.

• Members

Glad to hear it, Todd. I've been looking for a side project for a long time and can't find anything up here that I think is worth a damn.

I am not sure if the planets aligned just right or what for me but I suspect there are a lot of folks in the D/FW area that don't know what they are missing if you can't find anything worthwhile.

Archived