DAOTD: Me *facepalm*

mlwarriner

• Members

actually...

when i physically installed the pickups into the bass, i ran the screws down a long ways, to hold the pickups close to the body. in hopes of avoiding damage to the pickups while i was turning and sliding the bass body around and over and such to get the soldering done.

and then i never raised them back up. :facepalm:

raised the pups up to a reasonable distance from the strings, and voila. the bass works fine.

:imadumbass:

• Members

actually...

when i physically installed the pickups into the bass, i ran the screws down a long ways, to hold the pickups close to the body. in hopes of avoiding damage to the pickups while i was turning and sliding the bass body around and over and such to get the soldering done.

and then i never raised them back up.
:facepalm:

raised the pups up to a reasonable distance from the strings, and voila. the bass works fine.

Well, you figured it out on your own, so howzat a dumbass?? :idk:

• Members

actually...

Yup...pure dumbass right there:lol:

• Members

{censored}..... you should see how many times I have to run to Lowes, everytime I start a new project at home....... That is normal my friend.....unless you are guttermouth, or kindness.......
:lol:

we bought our house a year ago, knowing it was a project/refurb house. i worked on the house for a couple of months before we moved in. i regularly made three or four trips per day to home depot to get one more thing, and another one more thing...

:D

• Members

nothing new right now, i'll shoot some tonight. still need knobs, and to
duct-tape the strap on.
strap i can do this evening, knobs will have to wait, as i'm getting a chicken-head from takeout some time.

I think a pic of a bass with a strap-on might get you banned.

• Members

actually...

I can't tell you how many times I'm done things like this. It will usually be as simple as I'll work on something like an amp for a few hours, and then put it all back together, plug it in, turn on the power, and woder why the sound isn't working.

Then I realize I didn't plug the speaker back in. :D

• Members

100_0098.jpg

100_0097.jpg

100_0096.jpg

100_0094.jpg

still missing knobs. may or may not ever get any put on. takeout has a chickenhead that might land on there.

pondering replacing a tuner or two with different colored ones. if i could somehow score a couple of different-colored bridges, i'd swap out saddles too.

Archived