Power amp clip GB Shuttle 3.0

ToeJamFootball

• Members

The volume is only set at 9 o'clock though, it shouldn't be clipping pwr amp this early even with the gain cranked.

This is wrong, frankly. Digging in hard with a pick and the gain at max, you should absolutely expect to clip a power amp, even with a passive bass - unless your bass's output is extremely low.

Most bass amps are such that you can hit peak output far before you max out your input volume, to accomodate a range of instrument signals and playing styles. Imagine if you were playing soft fingerstyle with a low output bass for example, vs. a high output bass with a pick or slapping/popping.

The Genz output limiter is pretty sensitive also, and I believe it will clip long before being at "maximum" safe output.

• Members

:lol:
Hey man how's your new GB rig treat'in ya ?

it's great, i really dig it. i can get the same/similar tone as I got with the NeoPak:love: and the extra horsepower @ 8ohms with the NeoX112T seems to really help. Now i just need to get a few gigs under my belt so i can buy another cab for the outdoor gigs

• Members

it's great, i really dig it. i can get the same/similar tone as I got with the NeoPak:love: and the extra horsepower @ 8ohms with the NeoX112T seems to really help. Now i just need to get a few gigs under my belt so i can buy another cab for the outdoor gigs

Nice , glad to hear it :thu:

Archived