Bass processor recommendation

vladoicho

• Members

So I've recently started playing in a sort of a drum'n'bass band. Or at least that's the idea. I'll have much more freedom to use weird sounds there than in any bands I've been in up till now, so I figured it's time to finally get a decent floor unit. I've been thinking of the Boss ME50B, but it's kinda difficult to get a hold of...

What other units have similar characteristics? I really like the knob interface, and lack of any kind of menus on this one. Also the assignable pedal... Any suggestions with a similar price?

• Members

I agree that individual pedals can offer quite a bit more in terms of weirdness. Like the Eh bass microsynth and the like.

I did just pick up the Line6 M9, which offers just about everything you need. Plus, i am a big fan of the Line6 modeling, amps from the pods and fx from the M9.

It is a bit pricey, but has stereo ins/outs, true bypass and every fx from the model series, a looper and midi sync. And you can use an expression pedal for any parameter. They also just updated it and added a bunch of new fx. I can only hope they will do that again. I just can't say enough good stuff about it. Sounds great and easy to use.

• Members

I like Zooms upper end bass and guitar processors the best. I esp like the old Zoom Player 3000B. Its ring modulator has been very useful to me to add a dark yet articulate synth like charector to my basses that helps them fit in the mix well with dark deep electronica like psytrance, Gao, and drum-n-bass.

• Members

I actually like my Pot XT Live (am selling it more as a change of direction to single effects). It definitely has a learning curve in order to really know how to use it and tweak all of the settings to your tastes, but after that it served me really well for a couple years.

Archived