12:34....

bassthumpintwin

• Members

I don't know why, but I almost ALWAYS look at the clock at this exact time. Whether it's on my phone, alarm clock, oven, microwave, computer, etc...

It's completely involuntary. Probably more of a coincidence than anything, but it happens almost every day.

Anybody else do this or something similar?

• Moderators

I'm thinking confirmation bias, in which you all remember the times when you look at your watch and see the time you remember, and forget all of the other times you look at it and see a time that means nothing to you.

• Members

I'm thinking confirmation bias, in which you all remember the times when you look at your watch and see the time you remember, and forget all of the other times you look at it and see a time that means nothing to you.

I'm definitely not saying that I don't look at a clock multiple times a day, but it's not like I look at one every 5 minutes.

More like once or twice an hour, IF that.

And since 12:34 only happens twice/day for 2 minutes a day, there's really only a 0.07 % change that I would see it.

Well, assuming I only looked at my clock once a day I guess... ;)

At any rate, it's still mildly perplexing, since I don't wear a watch, and therefore only check the time a few times/day.

• Members

I knew a guy that would walk around with miscellaneous numbers in his head. He would have to try to figure out where they would come from. It was stuff like the number of buttons on his shirt, the number of calories in a box of wheaties, random things like this. I forget the exact number he said it was, but this one time he had a number in his head and he finally figured out it was something like the square root of the product of all the numbers on the clock :D

Archived