Pulp Fiction

bassthumpintwin

• Members

:lol:

Yes, I was rewatching it. Unfortunately it was on Gay&E, where the poorly chop and edit out even the most harmless of scenes and dialogue.
:facepalm:

I think it was on A&E- one of the funniest edits I thought was when Travolta was in the bathroom at Mia Wallace's. He says something like "go home, cool off" instead of "jerk off"- I thought it was funny anyway :lol:

• Members

Pulp Fiction is a {censored}ty {censored}ty {censored}ty movie. Its all style with no substance. Plus Tarantino is quite literally the worst actor ever. He immediately ruins every scene in which he appears. Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds, Kill Bill, etc, etc, etc, all great movies. Pulp Fiction, {censored}.

Perhaps the highly stylized, lack of substance is what makes the movie great... When he tries for a coherent story, he gets these stupid fight scenes (Kill Bill 1) or a convoluted, worthless plot (Basterds). I enjoy movies that achieve what they're attempting, which Pulp Fiction does fairly easily. It's like you're reading a crappy pulp fiction novel (which tarentino slaps the audience in the face with several times... Travolta's seen reading a crappy pulp fiction novel throughout the film).

Reservoir Dogs is still my favorite of his work, but Pulp Fiction is easily my second favorite. His work after that, IMO, took a dive off the deep end.

• Members

Pulp Fiction is a {censored}ty {censored}ty {censored}ty movie. Its all style with no substance. Plus Tarantino is quite literally the worst actor ever. He immediately ruins every scene in which he appears. Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds, Kill Bill, etc, etc, etc, all great movies. Pulp Fiction, {censored}.

My favorite seen in PF is the scene with Jimmy (Tarantino) talking about his coffee.

• Members

Because pulp magazines were known for their subtle and nuanced storytelling?
:confused:

The title of the film isn't coincidental
:p

I'm not looking for subtle and nuanced storytelling. I'm looking for any reason at all to watch the movie beyond Samuel L Jackson is a real badass. I've seen it 3 or 4 times now and I still haven't found anything worthwhile. Its one thing to create an ode to a genre, its entirely different to just toss together a bunch of {censored}. Pulp Fiction is the latter.

• Members

While we're at it, who thought Time Cop was kick ass? I love talkng about old stuff! The cool thing about Time Cop was it had Dolph Lundgren in it.

BTW, is he by any way related to Todd Lundgren, the guy that made people listen to horrible diarhea music like Meatloaf?

• Members

Agree , one movie I will watch everytime it comes on , did you see The Inglorious Bastards that was a fun movie too
:lol::evil:

If you like three hour long, all talking movies in languages you don't speak at least. Personally, Pulp Fiction was amazing, but I also thought Reservoir Dogs was up there as well.

Archived