Are Ric's Not Ethnically Diverse?

sub5ound

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All the folk my age I know who have Ricks are mediocre bass players (at best) whose parents have too much money.

Same thing was true in the late '70s when I took up bass...

(ahem...I had two 4001s, one fretless, both paid for with gig money...)

:D

The only reason I still have one in the herd is because I'll likely never afford a new one, so I may as well keep what I've got.

• Members

Yeah, rich old German parents.
Be careful if you hit the hidden switch on the paneled wall where the Ricks hang - stand back so it doesn't hit you when it flips around.
You know what's on the other side.

All the folk my age I know who have Ricks are mediocre bass players (at best) whose parents have too much money.

• Members
Yeah, rich old German parents.

Be careful if you hit the hidden switch on the paneled wall where the Ricks hang - stand back so it doesn't hit you when it flips around.

You know what's on the other side.

A sex chamber? :eek:

• Members

I don't want this to turn into a German bashing thread or anything. Make fun of the instruments if you need to, not the people.

I think Andre3000 is the most innovative guy to ever play a bass. His playing in Outkast is sheer musical genius. Oh, wait. That wasn't him playing? The Ric he's using in the Hey Ya video is only being used as a prop, similar to to the way Rick James used his? {censored}.

Archived