Don't give money to Sean Hannity's support the troops fund.

philthygeezer

• Members

Some say that the American Red Cross is a scam as well. When you give money to any kind of a charity, as well as giving to those in need, you're supporting the organization. I don't give to Hannity or the Red Cross, but I wouldn't be so quick to slam either organization. Could be wrong, but I'm guessing, the higher profile the organization, the higher the operating costs. If you want to give to them, then give. If you don't, then find another organization. :idk:

• Members
FWIW, after we got hit by a tornado, the red cross was the only agency that offered anything.

I'm bummed to hear that more people/organizations didn't step up. In the case of the RC though, it's their size that enables them to do that. I think that what's forgotten is the cumulative amount that goes to helping people as opposed to the percentage of each dollar.

• Members

I'm bummed to hear that more people/organizations didn't step up. In the case of the RC though, it's their size that enables them to do that. I think that what's forgotten is the cumulative amount that goes to helping people as opposed to the percentage of each dollar.

Friends and family stepped up, that was all the help we needed:thu: We got lucky and didn't lose our house. Outbuildings and trees, elec etc. only. The red cross showed up with food, gloves and bug spray. It wasn't needed, but was very much appreciated.

• Members

You know, besides Hannity being the most baltantly obvious phony on talk radio, there was always an air of weirdness to those 'Freedom Concerts'. Instant Karma's gonna get you, Mr. Vanity...er...Hannity.

By far the biggest blowhards were on Air America, which is why THE PEOPLE tuned out and they failed, even with "party" sponsorship.

• Members

I think the Red Cross does some good, but it's historically been riddled with inefficiency and waste. Both of my parents use to volunteer for the ARC, but it just got to be so disgusting they quit. The ARC failed miserably in my neck of the woods during hurricanes Rita and Ike. On the other hand, the Salvation Army was our local shining jewel of a charitable organization. I think the ARC's excessive and bureaucratic administration prevents if from dealing effectively with large disasters. It can handle smaller ones, but the huge things are overwhelming.

And as far as the OP, I don't know if I'd trust a blog for my information. They can say anything they want and are not held accountable by any means.

• Members

To maintain our independence and flexibility, MSF relies on the general public for most of its funds.

At all times, MSF directs at least 80% of its revenue to fund its programme activities. A minimum of 80 cents from every dollar is spent supporting field operations, which provide medical assistance to populations in distress around the world, and on bearing witness activities in Canada and overseas.

http://www.msf.ca/donate/

• Members

Some say that the
American Red Cross is a scam
as well. When you give money to any kind of a charity, as well as giving to those in need, you're supporting the organization. I don't give to Hannity or the Red Cross, but I wouldn't be so quick to slam either organization. Could be wrong, but I'm guessing, the higher profile the organization, the higher the operating costs. If you want to give to them, then give. If you don't, then find another organization.
:idk:

I worked for the Red Cross LA Blood Center and they did pay very well. It was also one of the worst places I ever worked.

• Members

I'm not a fan of Hannity (a fathead Fred Flintstone rube) but I really doubt he's scamming. It just doesn't make sense. He's a rah rah go Republicans, go America, go troops, megachurch, Christian kind of guy.

C'mon, think! He's raking in the $$ with Fox News. Why would he scam?

Do you think he'd shortchange our troops and their families? Get real. People like him deify the military.

I don't need to bull{censored} myself into saying he's a crook to not like him. He's weird and kinda ignorant but he's a straight arrow.

• Members

I'm not a fan of Hannity (a fathead Fred Flintstone rube) but I
really
doubt he's scamming. It just doesn't make sense. He's a rah rah go Republicans, go America, go troops, megachurch, Christian kind of guy.

C'mon, think! He's raking in the $$ with Fox News. Why would he scam?

Do you think he'd shortchange our troops and their families? Get real. People like him
deify
the military.

I don't need to bull{censored} myself into saying he's a crook to not like him. He's weird and kinda ignorant but he's a straight arrow.

Power and money changes people. They eventually think that the rules apply to other people and no them. Look at Tiger Woods or all the politicians that have self-destructed over the last two years.

• Members

Power and money changes people. They eventually think that the rules apply to other people and no them. Look at Tiger Woods or all the politicians that have self-destructed over the last two years.

I doubt that's the case with Hannity though. It's my guess that, if you looked at his non-profit and other non-profits of comparable size, there wouldn't be too much of a difference in the percentage of money that makes it's way to the group being helped. That's not to say that there aren't organizations out there that have significantly higher percentages, just that Hannity's probably wouldn't be that out of line.

Again though, the OP got his info from a blog so take that for what it's worth.

• Members

Hannity was VERY quick to slam Wyclef Jean's efforts on behalf of Haiti.

He ought be held to the same standard.

Some say that the
American Red Cross is a scam
as well. When you give money to any kind of a charity, as well as giving to those in need, you're supporting the organization. I don't give to Hannity or the Red Cross, but I wouldn't be so quick to slam either organization. Could be wrong, but I'm guessing, the higher profile the organization, the higher the operating costs. If you want to give to them, then give. If you don't, then find another organization.
:idk:

Archived