6 minutes away......

BottomHeavyKate

• Members

Indeed.
:D

See you in 2.0
:wave:

90minutes away.

I'll be gone during the transition. Gotta deliver an ampeg 15 cab back to my guitarist. he was loaning it to me play with my new head.

Now I gotta do some research and find a decent 2x10 or something.

craigslist!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Definitely. I'm more of a long gun kind of girl though. It'd be fun to get a gtg going for a weekend of shooting somewhere.

No {censored}!

You could school me for sure, it's been many years.

Though I gotta say - I went out on a weekend shooting retreat with a co-worker about 14 years ago, having not fired a gun since 1984 or so, and I was right there with him, shot for shot.

He had this "sig 357" that was the most ridiculous handgun I've ever fired. Ever seen one of those? You could drop a damn bear with one - not your daddy's 357 for sure.

I did need to make sure I understood the semi-auto mechanism and best practice for jam clearage: I'm not ashamed to admit what I don't know and seek guidance for that specific weapon.

Like you, I'm much more of a rifle guy - bench rest and bipod was my fave.

But I did have my own 32 automatic pistol at age 12, which I wore on the farm along with a machete everywhere I went. That sucker was a pain in the ass - a spanish-made Llama model with a bent extractor that would jam regularly. My backup was an ancient 22 revolver.

Those 2 guns probably killed 200 snakes over a 5 or six year period.

Man, I'm going way down the nostalgia trail now - it's making me miss my old man....:cry:

• Members
No {censored}!

You could school me for sure, it's been many years.

Though I gotta say - I went out on a weekend shooting retreat with a co-worker about 14 years ago, having not fired a gun since 1984 or so, and I was right there with him, shot for shot.

I did need to make sure I understood the semi-auto mechanism and best practice for jam clearage: I'm not ashamed to admit what I don't know and seek guidance for that specific weapon.

Like you, I'm much more of a rifle guy - bench rest and bipod was my fave.

But I did have my own 32 automatic pistol at age 12, which I wore on the farm along with a machete everywhere I went. That sucker was a pain in the ass - a spanish-made Llama model with a bent extractor that would jam regularly. My backup was an ancient 22 revolver.

Those 2 guns probably killed 200 snakes over a 5 or six year period.

Man, I'm going way down the nostalgia trail now - it's making me miss my old man....
:cry:

Awesome.....

Last year my dad gave me all of his old guns, the ones I grew up shooting. He said he wanted to see me enjoy them as my own before he was gone. He jokes that he's going to die when we are out hunting (we're hunting buddies) and that I should leave him until I'm done with the deer as long as it's cold enough :D

We're trying to get a ferral pig hunting trip together with Bro Mango in Wisconsin. I just picked up a new .270. I'm very excited. If you are ever in the area - we have an extensive collection of hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns, WWII collector's items....it's good fun.

My dad just got me a 20 ga over/under for my birthday this year and I'm dying to try it out.

• Members

Look up PRP wines and order a bottle of Travicello. It's incredibly smooth - not much for tannins as my b/f likes a sweeter wine. This is the best wine that we can both agree upon.

I might give it a try sometime. The thing is that my old roommate used to give me glasses of wine his father made, which is really really good stuff. So I'm spoiled with what little wine I've had. Of course I've also had stuff like two buck chuck too.

Archived