L-2000 vs Stingray 4HH

dedpool1052

• Members

well, so far all of the basses i own or have owned have all had rosewood fretboards. maybe it's time to mix it up.

Most of mine have been rosewood. I've had ebony & pau ferro as well. I did have one maple board back in the day but have wanted another for some time. I've been holding out for birdseye.

• Members

Also, what fretboard material? Maple? Either color will look great. Rosewood? Black doesn't look as sharp. At least not onstage/photos.

Hold up! Black basses look way more bad-ass with rosewood boards, but only if they also have black headstock faces. Preferably black neck backs as well. The more black, the better!:cool:

• Members

Hold up! Black basses look way more bad-ass with rosewood boards, but only if they also have black headstock faces.

Nah. :) Your thinking ebony; not rosewood. Your talking to someone that had 3 black bass guitars at one time(mid 90s). :D

But I love the way a maple fretboard jumps out on pics(especially live) on an instrument with a darker body. Likewise, I love how an ebony board jumps out on instruments with a lighter body(flamed maple, anyone?).

Yeah, I'm picky about that stuff.

• Members

Nah.
:)
Your thinking ebony; not rosewood. Your talking to someone that had 3 black bass guitars at one time(mid 90s).
:D
But I love the way a maple fretboard jumps out on pics(especially live) on an instrument with a darker body. Likewise, I love how an ebony board jumps out on instruments with a lighter body(flamed maple, anyone?).

Yeah, I'm picky about that stuff.

I do like the contrast between a dark body with light board, and a light body with a dark board. Black basses however, look especially badass with rosewood boards and black headstocks, and even more so with black painted necks. And I've had three black basses too, still have two, each has a rosewood board. Personally I dig the contrast between the dark rosewood grain and coloring and the black paint. Black ebony is kind of monotonous against black paint. They all rock harder because of the dark boards and black necks/headstocks. This is a fact.:D

• Members

if i'm not mistaken, isn't yours a lefty? and do you have pics?

You know, I don't. That was a surprise to me, but I don't have any. And, I couldn't find that photo of the bunny with the pancake to post instead. :facepalm:

I will take some and post tomorrow. Yes, lefty. Are you a lefty, too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Musicman for show, G&L for those that know.(joke)

Both have there merits no doubt,

but seems people go from a musicman to a G&L as a natural progression,

and its not hard to see why after you have tried both.

dam that weak G string on the stingray ! so annoying.

Archived