Rondo music basses: how are they?

KATMAN

• Members

This.

It's a matter of personal preference, but necks are important to me and I think SX necks are the worst you can buy.

+100

and the electronics are atrocious. fretwork is shoddy at best. save a little more and buy a Squier Vintage Modified if you want a decent cheap bass. Rondo music is complete and total crap. end of story.

• Members

There's an SX P/J down in my living room right now that I play from time to time.

My impressions:

Pickups are pretty lame - that's to be expected. Specifically, the P pickup has anemic output.

Pots feel cheap/scratchy - again, expected

Frets feel fine to me - no rough edges or uneven frets that I can detect. The nut is too high, as in the slots aren't very deep.

This makes it tough to get the action low, but if you're a thumper that likes higher action, it works well. The finish on the neck is, as Kindness pointed out, a bit thick, but I don't find that to be a problem.

Intonation is decent, not quite as good as on an MIM (even after adjusting with a good tuner, some of the notes past the 12th fret are still a bit "off").

The string tee appears to be made of plastic, but it has not broken yet.

All in all, a damn good bass for the money: it resonates well and has decent natural tone, unlike those godawful Rogue basses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

+100

and the electronics are atrocious. fretwork is shoddy at best. save a little more and buy a Squier Vintage Modified if you want a decent cheap bass. Rondo music is complete and total crap. end of story.

Really? Gee, why didn't somebody tell me sooner? :poke:

IMGP1450.jpgS4010356.jpg

LPBSet.jpg

• Members

damn dabbler nice collection! not a bad way to spend about $900.
:)

:cop:

had to poke fun.

If you can buy ten basses that work for you for the price of one that doesn't, more power to you!
:thu:

No problem. I like a good laugh as much as anybody. :cool: And you know what they say, one man's crap is another man's rig! ;)

Archived