Wireless question..??

Gizzyboo

• Members

Hi, I'm getting a wireless system for my bass guitar. Is there a special type of wireless for bass guitar as opposed to electric guitar. My budget is $200.00 - $250.00. Also, what's the best quality available for this price range? In advance, thanks.

PS, just bought the 3-tone Geddy Lee and it plays/looks wonderful.

• Members

With wireless, it's super important to get a good, solid performing unit. Cheap wireless units are not worth anything, and a cord is a better option. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but instead of fitting a wireless to your budget, research the best, most cost effective units and then see if you need to save up longer to afford it. Trust me, it's way better to save up for a good wireless than put up with a poor one just because it fits your current gear budget. That said, I'm sure you can find some good options not much over your current budget.

• Members

Went from a Sennheiser 172 due to the FCC outlawing the frequencies best for Houston....to a Line 6 G50.

GREAT unit plus you get LED displays that you can see on the receiver, one set for signal strength and one for BATTERY LIFE LEFT! That one saved me twice. When you get down to about 5~10 minutes left on your batteries(AA), the last LED starts blinking red. Changing batteries is a 10 second, no-tools-needed job IF you keep some handy.

• Members

I have the Line 6 XDS plus. Works great. Buy rechargeable 9 volts. Tnhey are pricey, but will pay for themselves in no time.

This - I have both the XDR-95 and an XDS-PLUS, and both can be had fairly cheap these days... These units work fantastically, but eat 9v batteries - buy some HITECH LI-ION rechargeables from batterymart.com and you'll be good to go - a full charge with these will go atleast 7-8 hours of playing time, IME...

- georgestrings

Archived