Tuner heads

INTROTTER

• Members

Found a Korean made Jazz Bass at a small store near the farm.. Not sure whom made it only sayd made in Korea and the head looks like a Fender.. Any way whom ever owend it before tuned it as a 5 string but with in only 4 strings. The Tunning heads will only tune to the positions and then drop.. So what should be the E string will tune to B as a 5 string and go no higher. I do not want to put a ton of money into this thing,, so where should I buy New tuners.. They are the CLover leafs and open in the back held my 4 screws.. Do I need to take a caliper and measure and are they all anout the same?

• Members

Not near the house,, ok ley me try again. the tuners go to a certain point and if you try to tune hight then that point the skip back.. SO I put to much useless info in my post sorry about that.. Main Question what is agood place to get cheaper tuners?? to replace these that are messed up?? Also the elephant ear tuners I see most sell them but do not give a size.. are they pretty much standard?? First day back in the office since 7 days off and I am half asleep// THanks

• Members

Size matters.

:p

Seriously, you need to pull one, and check out the shaft and hole measurements, then select accordingly.

All else being equal, I prefer tuners with a higher ratio. Common ratios are 17:1, 20:1, and 22:1. I would prefer the 22:1. Sometimes you don't have a choice.

Archived