I learned a lesson today...

Derek5272

• Members

... and that is, wait more than 2 days for a blister to heal before you endeavor to make more. It is rather painful when chunks of skin start coming off your finger.

On a brighter note, I can slap much better now than I could Sunday. I still have lots of work to do, but it's getting there. The joys of deciding that the best part for a particular song is something you can't play yet!

• Members

Liquid Skin is a super glue lite. You brush it on wet and it dries to a hard, tough finish. You certainly can play bass or guitar even with blisters, or even after the blisters burst. Just brush on a bit of Liquid Skin. It works well.

• Members

Yeah, I've had blisters appear while I'm playing, and then burst by the end of the set, covering the strings, pickups etc. with a mixture of blood and lymph :lol: VERY painful, but I found out that you only feel the pain when you stop playing... If you just keep on you reach a plateu, which is of course unpleasant, but bearable. When you stop and rest, and THEN start again, it's a real bitch...

• Members

Yeah, I've had blisters appear while I'm playing, and then burst by the end of the set, covering the strings, pickups etc. with a mixture of blood and lymph
:lol:
VERY painful, but I found out that you only feel the pain when you stop playing... If you just keep on you reach a plateu, which is of course unpleasant, but bearable. When you stop and rest, and THEN start again, it's a real bitch...

Disgusting. And it probably didn't improve the tone. But yes, I realize it was stopping to go tear off the peeling skin that was the problem.

Archived