Advice on a show-worthy amp

Sunsetcarcrash

• Members

Im looking for advice on a bass amp for my younger brother, who was primarilly a guitarist, but has been playing bass a lot, and is going to start playing shows with me and my band. I'm trying to find something less than $500 that will push enough to keep up with a heavy handed drummer and my own 50 watt blackface bassman and 212 cab (though I will be far from cranked). The music is very rhythym section oriented with myself and a keyboardist mainly filling in the blank space (think Wilco). What would you suggest? He really likes the Ampeg CL Micro, but I'm not sure if a 100w 210 amp would be able to fill a coffeehouse/bar show... My last bassist used silverface bassman combo, but i cant find one, and I dont know enough about it to really feel confident... Thanks for your help in advance

• Members

I have a SWR Bass 350x I want to sell.It's just about mint with only a few little scratches by the input jack.With a 4ohm cab it's 350 watts-450 at 2ohms.Should be plenty loud enough with a 4ohm cab.It comes with the foot switch, owners manual and the lifetime transferable warranty so no worries down the road.Only $325.I can take some pics later if you're interested.

• Members

I have an all tube (4-KT-88) custom made amp that never gets used that needs a good home.It features a sweepable mid in the eq section.It also has a direct out with gain,and ground lift.Comes with a 4-10 cabinet that features a slightly angled front.Has an excellent "tubey" tone and will do right at 180 watts RMS.Keeps up good with all but the very loudest of stage mixes.This is a high quality tube amp,and due to the no-name status it can be gotten right!!!! If you have any interest,P.M. me.

• Members

I gigged a Carvin 400 W head for a decade and a half with no problems keeping up with anyone. Over that time I used various combinations of Hartke Cabinets - 2x210's 1x410, and finally a biamped 210 on top of a 115 which was the best sound IMO. I would seriously consider Carvin.

• Members

There's a lot of good that can be said for using a Sansamp BDI to the PA and a used TNT or Acoustic B200 as a stage monitor.

+1 for a used tnt. Those old peaveys are loud reliable and I think they sound great too. Versatile eq

Archived