I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

Certainly not positive opinions of Maryland! mad.gif

My day is ruined...

I'll ruin another of your days then. It's where the Face-Off Classic takes place, Ravens Stadium smile.gifthumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by fingeringam

View Post

Why wont this thread die? mad.gif

oh it's dying alright, trust me. A slooooooow and paaaaaaainful death wink.gif

• Members

I went to the Chargers/Denver game (sorry donkey fans) and I think I broke/fractured my pinky finger on my fretting hand. I was throwing a ball around with my brother, and the ball and the tip of my finger met head on while the ball met the ground. Today it has swelled up bigger than my ring finger (I tested it, rather painfully, with my wedding ring), and is severely off color, and it hurts to touch. Had my brother (doctor) look at it, and my mother (nurse) look at it, they said probably broken. Looks like I am out 2 or so weeks of practicing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by groutt

View Post

As-built depth of low level dissolver system dissolver trays exceeded maximum design depth.

Just thought you'd want to know.

A County "engineer" was as-builting a set of utility plans we did once. He made a comment that there was a manhole in the middle of a residential lot that would have to be moved and the sewer line re-routed. What he didn't bother to do, was notice that it was just a manhole cover laying on the ground, not an actual manhole. facepalm.gif

• Members

My friend's baby just died. I'm trying to be all strong and supportive in front of everybody, but holy {censored} is this devastating. She was only three months old. I just had to vent it for a second, so thanks. Now I'll go back to being strong again.cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoman

View Post

My friend's baby just died. I'm trying to be all strong and supportive in front of everybody, but holy {censored} is this devastating. She was only three months old. I just had to vent it for a second, so thanks. Now I'll go back to being strong again.cry.gif

Mojo sent your way man.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoman

View Post

That's just completely wrong. I can't explain how sorry I am. I can understand your feeling devastated. Vent all you need. It's one of the many things we're here for. Lots of good vibes coming to you and your friend. I just hope your friend can find the strength to go on.

• Members

Thanks guys. Yeah, it totally sucks. The funeral was today (Jews bury quickly). It was just awful. One of my oldest friends, since we were eight years old. His parents, his wife's parents, all of us... It was just a total mess. I don't know where or how some people find the strength, I swear that I don't. It also gives me a whole new respect for my parents because they lost a child before I was born, and it was always just sort of abstract for me because it was a fact of my life, but not one I'd lived through, y'know? I don't know how people do it. Sometimes the universe just seems totally cruel and unjust.mad.gif